Chapter 7: Do You Really Want To Hurt Me

Culture Club - "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" (1982)

"Give me time to realize my crime
Let me love and steal
I have danced inside your eyes
How can I be real
Do you really want to hurt me?"

Jonathan 6:40 pm

As me and Nancy talked about how our lives had been since the whole Will incident Steve interrupted and sat down chuckling to himself.

"That's quite a girl you have there" I shook my head not really understanding what he was talking about. "She's got kick" Steve laughed shoving a pizza slice into his mouth.

"What happened?" Nancy asked.

"Not sure, just saw her storm out of here" he replied. I immediately stood up and told Nancy I had to go. Great, I already screwed things up. Once I opened the door cold air struck my face. My breathe became smoke and I hugged my jacket to my chest.

"Kat!" I yelled. Nothing. I grabbed my keys and started up my car, blasting up the heat. She couldn't have gotten far. I slowly headed towards a route directly to her house. It wasn't a popular road so there wasn't any cars behind or in front of me. I rolled my windows down calling her name again. What could I have done that made her so upset? After a while I saw four figures faintly up ahead.  When I got closer I realized it was Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and my brother Will.

"I thought I told you guys to be home before it got dark" I ordered. I just wanted all of them to be safe. Who knows if we got rid of whatever took Will. What if it came back, or what if it never went away in the first place.

"Abort" Dustin failed to whisper quietly to the group. Lucas shook his head.

"The suns not even down yet" Mike answered.

"Will" I gave him a look and he sighed.

"Fine, we'll go home right now" Will surrendered. Before he could leave I had to ask.

"Wait, have you guys seen a girl out here?"

"What kinda girl?" Dustin joked, making his voice high pitch.

"Just a girl, anyone out here besides you dorks" I joked.

"We saw a few cars go by, but that's it" Lucas shrugged and I thanked him as I drove off to keep looking. I drove around for at least an hour before I gave up, I couldn't find her anywhere so I assumed she'd made it home. I could've drove to her house but I knew girls liked their space. The worst part was that I didn't even know what I did wrong. Even if I did go to apologize, what would I say?

-

Authors note

Whoohoo I got a part in before I leave! Even though it's super short lol that's okay!