The first whispers

We all established a base of operations yesterday. And man... It was magical. It really gave me hope.. When I got to Pennsylvania Plaza, I set up atop a builing across the street, I rested my sniper on the roof and waited. That's when I met my first agent. She walked down the street and set up a healing station and Mobile cover. As if she could see me, she looked up at the roof of my building and opened comms with me. "Agent 174? You never got a codename right? Okay, I'll call you Whisper. Do me a favor and watch my back, and meet me after the firefight.. Looks like you could use a buddy." As I look through the scope of my sniper I see her smile. I loved it when people could smile at times like these. As much as I wanted to talk, Agents, the JTF, and Rioters started clashing.. I've never seen so many rioters go against a government force before. Almost a hundred rioters... With JTF forces and Division Agents only making up thirty people.. And almost all JTF died. I tried watching everyones back... The whisper of my silenced sniper laying countless rioters to rest. I couldn't help but think about all these people and how it would break their mothers heart when they saw what we had to do to their children... My comms opened once during the firefight. It was the girl. "These people... I know we're supposed to be saving, not killing... But no victory is without sacrifice, and right now, we gotta save ourselves. So don't you dare stop shooting until we secure this base. You're a damn good shot. Especially for an Agent. Thank you." You could almost smell the death after the firefight. It was terrible. Even as I sat atop the roof of the building a street away, I'd never have thought about how this would be a true all out war. But as I sit in my oun guilt of taking life I hear someone walking up the stairs. I set down a sentry turret, and take cover behind an old cab. "Hold your fire! It's everyone's favorite Agent! Callsign Sparrow. And I owe YOU some gratitude. Without you, a lot more of us would've died.. Let's group up, I've been looking for someone to watch my back but everyone has partners already. C'mon, we still gott a help people into the medical wing of the base." She leads me over to everyone's new base of operations. Unfortunately, there were little to no doctors, and a lot of people died from wounds... But a lot of people were saved too.. I guess you can't win them all. Seeing the doctors and nurses rush like that.. It made every agent that could help, do. And in my eyes.. We got one step closer to putting this place back together again... Sparrow and I even made a safe house not too far away. Old shabby two bedroom apartment. She wants to go on an operation to try to restore the power grid.. And for once it felt like I could do something bigger than help people here and there... It felt like the first whisper to something so much bigger.