Nothing gold can stay

It's been about a month and everything has changed... And I mean everything. Some things for the better, some things for worse. We re-took the power grid but no one saw the grenade in time and... Well... Steven didn't make it. He jumped on it last second. Right before it blew he gave me that dumb smile he always gave me when he would leave my house in our highschool days. He said "be human." It's been rough for me.. I always loved that stupid guy. He was my best friend... My brother... My battle buddy.. Once we got the power on though the SHD found out I'm the team leader that got it online and sent me something straight from the Pentagon. This is where it get crazy.. I got promoted... And my mother is coming to support the JTF...

I sit on the couch, watching dvd shows and movies. Sylvia sits next to me and cuddles up against me, knowing that I'm still in mourning for Steven. "Hey Sylvia... This is gonna be crazy.. But my mother is a Rainbow agent... And she's coming with an entire Rainbow team for me to lead... I got promoted to lead 'Operation Rainbow' I guess things here are even worse than we thought..

Sylvia seems to choke on her spit. " Archer! Your fucking mother is coming! She's hates any girl that would ever be around you! Oh my god... Archer... I REALLY wanna focus on your promotion and mother but there's a problem..." She gets up and sits me at the dining table across from her. She puts pregnancy tests on the table. "Archer... I've missed my period too.... Oh my god... Your mom's gonna think I'm a whore..." She starts to tear up.

When I see the positive tests I practically jump out of my seat. "But! But we've only done it a hand full of times..."

"And you never pull out! Now I have a human inside me! What am I supposed to tell the SHD? That I need to retire because their two star agents fell in love and I gotta raise their spawn?!.. You know how they operate... They'll kill the baby.."

Ash walks into the dining room and just sits down. "Excuse me.. I think the yelling is giving away the safe house location. I would advise quieting down... She places a signal disruptor down and it jamms all of our SHD tech and gear. "Okay... Go rogue. That's the only way to keep the baby... Agents from all over will be after it now." She turns off the jammer and heads back to her room.

Sylvia and I go to our room and get in bed. I hold her close, still in shock and overwhelmed with everything. "We'll figure things out together.. You got my back, I got yours."

Syvia smiles "why don't you show my eyes that promotion briefing they gave you hun? I'm curious!"

I project the video of my briefing on the wall for her to see as well as all the operators I'll be leading. My mother comes tomorrow.... The others come a month from now....