Chapter 8

Dadi turned her back towards Bihaan and ended the conversation. He knew that she will not change her decision now. He got up from his place and came out. He did not have the courage to go and tell Vasu abt Dadi's decision.

When Dadi announced Thapki and Bihaan's marriage, everyone including Thapki and Bihaan got shocked. It was much unexpected. Vasu was very unhappy with the decision but did not say anything at that time. Later on when guests left, she asked Bihaan to go and convince Dadi to cancel this marriage. Bihaan did go to Dadi's room and tried to convince her in each way possible but she not only refused to listen to him but also stopped him from telling Thapki abt this marriage truth. She asked Bihaan to accept Thapki as his wife now and try to live a happy married life with her. Though Bihaan was not convinced but he obeyed Dadi's order and dropped the idea of talking to Thapki.

After leaving Dadi's room, Bihaan went towards Vasu's room. Before he could enter her room, he heard angry voice of Vasu. She was talking to Dhruv.

Vasu: "I will never let this happen. Thapki and Bihaan will not get married in the same mandap as u"

Dhruv: "Maa but Dadi has made this decision and no one can change her decision ever"

Vasu: "Maa ji always ruin my happiness. How can she even make Bihaan stand next to u when she knows whose son Bihaan is. Disgusting!!!"

Bihaan heard this much and lost all the courage to go inside. His eyes were all of a sudden full of tears. He turned back and started walking away from Vasu's room. In his way out, Bau Ji saw him who was going towards his room.

Bau Ji: "Bihaan beta wat's wrong? Y r u crying?"

Bihaan: "No Bau Ji, I am not crying"

Bau Ji: "U can hide a lot of things but u can never hide ur tears from me. Tell me wat's wrong. R u worried abt this new relationship u have just fallen into?"

Bihaan (finding an escape): "Yes may be. Everything is so sudden. I feel as if sthg is very wrong here as if I am committing some sin"

Bau Ji: "U have not done anything wrong. I know ur Mom is making u think as if u have committed a sin but since when have u started to get influenced by her thinking. I know u love her and always try to do things which u don't even feel r right, to make her happy but it does not mean that u shd start feeling wrong. U did wat u had to and u should never feel otherwise. Always remember that ur father is so proud of u"

Bihaan felt better and after few more minutes of light chat with him he left for his room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thapki was feeling so confused. But she was happy confused. Since her childhood, all she was told abt was her wedding. She was told that she will be free to do wat ever her heart wants only when she gets married. She had always imagined her fiance to be a knight in shining armour, who would come and take her away from the prison she was living in. The story books that her mother used to buy her would help her in imagining the outside world. She would read the stories and imagine herself as Cindrella one night and Snow White the other. In short, her life was just a fairy tale and this Wedding announcement was once again taken by her as her own fairy tale. She was pretty excited abt her own grand wedding. She was sitting with Suman who was telling her abt the different functions and rituals.

Dhruv and Shradha's wedding was in exact two weeks which meant that her wedding was also two weeks away. She had totally forgotten abt Vasu and her hatred towards her. All she was thinking abt herself and Bihaan. It was entry of Bihaan in Suman's room which brought her back into the reality.