The Revelation

It was the last week of school and now I had to face Jacob. I prepare myself and ask Danel to leave me alone for the rest of the week and he does. As the day approaches that I have to tell him, I have an anxiety attack and I can’t see straight. I’m walking to class but I don’t know if I’m heading the right way. I run into someone. He grabs my shoulders and tows me to a quiet corner in the hallway.

“Kells, you okay there? Oh crap, no you’re not. You’re bleeding.” He drags me to the nurse’s office and says something that I don’t quite catch.

“How do you feel, Kelsey?” My breath hitches in my throat and I start losing consciousness.

*****

I wake up in a white room that smells of antiseptic and medicine. Jacob was sitting next to me, asleep in his chair. He mumbles in his sleep and shifts slightly. He kept saying something over and over again.

“I’m so sorry Kells. Please be okay.” Aw, so cute. I don’t want to wake him up but I better before he embarrasses himself any more.

“Jacob, hey Jacob. Wake up.”

“I’m so sorry Kells.”

“There is no reason for you to be sorry, Jake.”

“It’s because of me that you are in the hospital, I didn’t notice that you were having trouble breathing. I’m so sorry.”

“There was no way for you to know. Wake up.”

“But Kells, I don’t want to lose you to someone else.” I start laughing so hard that I can barely breathe and he jerks awake.

“What? How long have you been awake?”

“Long enough to hear you say that you don’t want to lose me to someone else.” He turns a strawberry color and then a tomato red as he realizes what he said in his sleep.

“How you feeling?”

“I’m better. Sorry you had to deal with that. I have, er, problems.”

“That’s an understatement. Sarah told me you have asthma, PTSD, anxiety, and you constantly have headaches and nosebleeds. Are you dying or something?”

“Yes. And I don’t really have all those medicals problems, it’s just that I have powers that are slowly consuming me. Trust me, everything hurts all the time and I have to be careful about what I’m thinking because I can cause the world to go back to the dark ages.”

“Apparently you are crazy too. Does Sarah know?”

“NO! I’m not crazy, I really do have powers that are abnormally strong.”

“Yeah, sure, and I’m a unicorn. Seriously Kells, did you hit your head in the car wreck and they didn’t notice?”

“I thought you would be the one that I could tell everything to, but apparently not. I guess it’s better for you to think I’m crazy than to think that I can easily freeze you because I’m absorbing your heat unintentionally.”

“Okay, If you are a powerful person, prove it to me.”

“I’m an supernaturalist since I can control all the elements but I guess that’s just your terminology since you can’t comprehend what I’m talking about.”

I make the water beside my bed float and take the form of a snowflake, then a tornado, an earth model, and a clock. I carefully watch Jacob’s reaction and he is in awe of my powers. I decide to shake things up a bit and make a small tornado appear in my hand, along with a tower of dirt and a wave. He stands up as I make time go forward and back again. He still stands in shock of what just happened.

“What in the world was that?”

“I told you, I’m a supernaturalist. An elementalist, but stronger.”