The Stranger

I go back to feed Ren in the morning and am surprised to see a stranger standing by the cage. I prepared myself to defend the tiger.

"Can I help you?" The man stands up and turns to face me. He had closely cropped hair and a trimmed beard and moustache. He didn't look like he belonged in a barn with a tiger.

"Hello, you must be Miss Kelsey. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Anik Kadam, It is a pleasure to have met you." He bows to me. Instantly, I'm wary.

"Yes, I'm Kelsey. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Perhaps you can. I would like to speak with the owner of this magnificent animal."

"Sure," I reply, confused, "Mr. Maurizio is in the back with the black trailer home."

I return to my duties and feed Ren while talking to him.

"I wonder how he knew my name. Also, why he wanted to speak with Mr. Maurizio. Then again, it's not everyday you meet a handsome tiger such as yourself." I went to the dining area to grab breakfast only to find everyone in a flurry of activity. After grabbing a muffin and a bottle of milk, I found Matt.

"Hey, what's going on?"

"I don't know. We were told to put off our morning duties while my dad, Mr. Maurizio and another man are in a meeting. We are all wondering what's going on."

Soon after I had finished eating my breakfast, Mr. Davis, Mr. Maurizio and Mr. Kadam came into the room.

"Sedersi, my friends, sit, sit!" Mr. Maurizio said with a beaming grin. I knew something was up and I waited in anticipation. "This man has made me the most happy of men.. He has made an offer to purchase our belov'd tigre, Dhiren." Everyone gasped and started talking animatedly to each other.

"Now, now. Fate silenzio. Shh, amici miei. Let me finish! He wishes to take out tigre back to India to the Ranthambore National Park, the great tigre reserve. Mr. Kadam's denaro will provide for our troupe for two years! Mr. Davis is in d'accordo with me and also feels that the tigre will be happier there."

I snuck a glance at Mr. Davis who solemnly nodded.

"It's agreed that we will finish the shows for the week, and then the tigre will go with Mr. Kadam by airplane, to India, while we move to our next city." the ringleader exclaimed and thumped Mr. Kadam on the back. The two men left the building and all at once, people talked.

They went to talk in small, excited groups, picking at tidbits of information and gossip. They congratulated each other, giving each other pats on the back. Everyone was happy except me. My mood darkened,and so did the atmosphere. I tried to leave but Matt caught my eye. I went over to him and mumbled a quick apology.

"So what are you sorry for this time?"

"I'm darkening the mood and the sky." I point to the sky and show the clouds gathering outside. "I wish I could help it but I can't."

"Oh, it's fine as long as we don't get soaked.

"So what is your dad going to do now?"

"Well he still has the dogs  and now that the circus has more money, maybe he'll convince Mr. Maurizio to purchase a miniature horse to train." He then walked off to talk with others. I was left feeling distressed.

What do I do now? I knew this was going to end soon but I've become too attached to the tiger to let him go. Especially after what happened with Gracie. Speaking of which, I should probably leave the circus soon to practice what I stole from Gracie. Also to prevent dizzy spells before the show tonight.