Chapter 4

Why do you fuck everything up, Addie?

He said he loved you and you pushed him away, just like every one else.

That's what you do.

You hurt people.

"Please, I love you." I held onto his hand so tight, afraid that if I let go, he would be gone.

Are you going to be okay?

Am I going to lose you?

Don't go.

*

"Addie, wake up." I heard the soft whispers of a gentle voice into my ear.

I open my tired eyes and lift my head up off the bed, rubbing my eyes as I tried to clear my vision.

I look up at the voice and see Drew with sad eyes, gazing at me softly as he caresses my cheek.

I tried my best to give him a smile, that I didn't even have the energy for.

I look over at Michael, seeing that he looks no different didn't give me any comfort at all, in fact it did the entire opposite.

"Drew, I shouldn't have let him leave. My anger got the best of-"

"No, no, no, no, shh, it wasn't your fault, okay?" He reassured me as he hugged me from he side as I held tightly onto Michael's hand.

"You didn't do a thing, okay?"

I just simply nodded and tried my best to keep myself together.

Then, my thoughts took over.

What if he did this to himself?

Did I cause him to hurt himself?

I couldn't have, right?

What if he purposely tried to kill himself?

"I-I have to go get some water." I told Drew as I tried to shake the thoughts out of my head.

"I'll get it for you, you can sit with Michael." He smiled.

"O-Okay." I slightly wanted to get out of that room and escape my thoughts, but I just can't bring myself to leave him.

"I'll be back."

He closed the door quickly and left me alone, once again.

The many machines hooked to him broke my heart and the bandages and his broken arm didn't help one bit.

"Michael, tell me you won't let go."

Part of me thought he would leave this world and me behind.

"I need you here."

The more I thought about my actions towards him, the more I just wanted to say I was sorry. I shouldn't have pushed him away like this.