Chapter 22

"Tell me!" Drew yelled all of the sudden causing me to flinch a little as the remembrance of my father.

"How could you hurt Addie like that!"

"You son of a bitch!" Drew grew angrier and angrier.

"You don't deserve anything!"

I was trying not to break but the yelling was bothering me so much. The pressure..

"You lying-"

"I always loved her!" I blurted out as I trembled and tears fell from my eyes.

"I've always loved her.."

*

Michael's P.O.V

"What?" Drew looked surprised as tears fell from my eyes and slid down my cheeks.

I was shaking. As hard as I was trying to keep myself together, I just couldn't. The yelling reminded me of my father..

"Damn it.." I whispered as I leaned my head on the wall facing it as I put my arms above my head to cover myself.

"Damn it.." I couldn't stop crying at this point. This is what I didn't want to happen..

"Hey, I'm sorry." Drew all the sudden seemed not angry as his voice became lower and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"I-I.. I didn't want to break.." my voice cracking as the lump in my throat grew bigger.

"You don't understand." I whispered.

"Y-You don't get it.."

"Then tell me." Drew spoke.

"I always wanted Addie!" I yelled as I turned around to face Drew.

"I never wanted to hurt her!" My heart aches as I finally said the thing I wanted to say all along but just couldn't.

"Why?" Drew looked at me with sympathy suddenly and waited patiently for my reply.

"H-He.." but then I stopped myself.

I was finally going to explain why I had to do what I did.

"Someone threatened to hurt Addie.. I-If I didn't break her heart then they would've hurt her.."

Little did Drew know that the someone.. was my dad.

"What? Who threatened you?" Drew's eyes flashed with disbelief.

"I-I'm sorry.. I can't.." my voice cracked as the lump in my throat remained.

"Was it the same person who did that to you?" Drew pointed to my bruises as he walked closer towards me.

"N-No." I couldn't tell him that.

"Then who?"

"I can't tell you!" I yelled.

"Why not!" Drew's voice grew a bit louder but it wasn't a yell either.

"Because I just can't!"