Chapter 17

He's been extremely emotional after the crash.

Is this because trauma?

Because side effects?

Or just because?

"Okay.." I whispered as I watched tears fall from his eyes.

I slowly pulled him into a hug. I felt his warmth. I remember once thinking I was never going to be able to hug him again. For his arms to wrap around me. And I was just as terrified to lose him.

"I'm sorry I scared you." He smiled and planted a small kiss onto my lips.

"You were the best thing I've ever done in my life." He smiled.

*

I love you

Was that all a lie?

Why did you hurt me like that.

My heart is in pieces.

Why would you make me love you just so you could tell me it was all a lie..

How could you?

I was sat on my bed, tears streaming down my face. My eyes were red from all the crying, my body ached, my throat was swollen, & my heart in pieces.

I shook from the pain as I remember what he had said to me. What he had done to me.

I thought he loved me..

~ FLASHBACK ~

"You promised."

"I never did such a thing."

"But you said you loved me." I trembled as I stood before the boy who had betrayed me most.

"Did you actually fall for that?"

"I never loved you." Michael spat at me.

"You were fun to play with is all. Now you're boring."

"M-Michael.." I tears streaming down my face as I tried to grab ahold of his hand.

"Get off me."

He chuckled as he smirked at me.

"No one would love someone as pathetic as you."

~ END OF FLASHBACK ~

I'm broken and I don't think I can ever be fixed.

This boy.. he took my heart and I let him. But he's taken it and completely shattered it.

"Why, why, why, why.." I sobbed as I cried with my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly as I cried in the pitch dark.

"I hate myself, I hate myself." I muttered.

I was angry at myself for falling for him. For trusting him. I let my guard down for someone like him and now.. I don't think I can ever be okay.