Chapter Two

Demi Lovato

I woke up the next morning with my stomach twisting and turning. I felt an unwanted flavor creeping up my mouth. My body felt tired and weak, like I could barely move. I felt the taste make it's way up to the back of my throat. I rushed to the bathroom holding my hair back as bile came up. I flushed the toilet before cleaning my teeth to get rid of the taste. I sighed, knowing this day was going to be hard. I crawled back into bed, shutting my eyes.

All I could think about was last night. The way Logan held my hand send shivers down my spin. Little did he know, that I was falling for him. He didn't know how much he meant to me. He had those chocolate brown eyes, thick but soft hair, his lips were pale but looked soft. His hands were gentle and his heart was full of love.

I got out of bed and walked into my bathroom, undressing before I go into the shower. I quickly have one then change. I do my hair and make up before grabbing my phone and purse. I walk out to my car and drive to my mother's house.

I was bracing myself to tell my family, I will have to sit and watch their faces fill with heartache. I continue driving until I reached their place. I walked up to the door and took a deep breath as my heart began to race. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to come to the door.

"Demi!" Maddie squealed and pulled me into a hug. "Hey baby." I hugged back and stroked her hair. Seeing Maddie's happiness, felt like I was being shot. Her happiness will fade in a matter of seconds.

I walked into the kitchen and smiled at the rest of my family members. "Mum." I called out, she lifted her head up with a smile. "Can you call everyone for a meeting? I have to share something with everyone." She nodded and called the family to the dining table.

I sat down as my family did.

I felt my hands begin to shake and fill with swear. My heart begins to race and my lips quiver. My stomach flips with fear. My breathing begins to speed up. "I have to tell you something, guys." My voice was shaky and uneasy.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Eddie asked as he slightly touched my hand.

"You didn't relapse, did you?" Dallas asked softly and I shook my head, a sigh of relief escaped her mouth.

"I went to the the doctor yesterday for my monthly check up and he found something.." My voice trailed off. My breathing increased and my knees bounced. My family looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"He diagnosed me with terminal cancer." I looked down as I spoke, not wanting to see their reactions. I looked up slowly to shockness covering their faces. Maddie's eyes were filled with tears, so were mum's.

"How long?" My mother said as she broke the silence.

"12 months." I whispered. Not another word came from anyone's mouth. Everyone was in shock, no one could say anything. By the look on their faces they were trying to comprehend the words I just told them.

I wrapped my arms around Maddie as we talked. I stroked her thick purple hair. "Demi?" She asked.

"Hm?" I shut my eyes feeling myself become sleepy.

"You promised me you would never leave and now, you're laving me in 12 months." Her voice was soft. I sighed.

"Things like this will come along the way and break promises. But remember, everything happens for a reason and something good will come out of this." I kissed her cheek and saw her nod. I quickly placed a kiss on her temple before walking out of her room and downstairs into the kitchen. "Mum. I'm gonna go." She nodded with a slight smile, I smiled back before grabbing my things and going.

Logan Henderson

I sipped on my beer as I talked with the boys.

"So Logan, have you got it on with Demi yet?" Carlos asked as I rolled my eyes, laughter came from the others.

"Oh shut up." I shook my head, taking another sip.

"C'mon dude we all know you have a thing for her, just go in and get her. " Kendall said. If only asking Demi out wouldn't be such a hard thing, I would do it.

"When was the last time you had a girlfriend, Schmidt?" I looked at him and he fell silent.

"Burn!" James laughed. "What about you Carlitos, got Alexa in the bed yet?" Carlos' face filled with embarrassment.

"That's none of your business!" His cheeks were filled with redness.

"Aw is someone is embarrassed?" Kendall teased and Carlos gave him a friendly punch.

"You guys are so immature!" I laughed as I took another sip.

I know, boring chapter. But it will get better, I promise.