Chapter Sixteen

"...But she has fluid in her lungs and her body is very ill. To help her breathe, she needs an oxygen tank. I suggest that you get on the next flight back to home and to her doctor. She is very sick." The French doctor said.

"Will she be okay to fly back home even though she is unwell?" I ask.

"Yes, just be very careful with her." I nod before entering Demi's room.

Her fragile body slowly shifts, turning to face me. A weak smile appears on her lips. I stroke her hair back softly.

"Hey baby." I whisper, as her eyes are half open, half closed.

"What happened?" She weakly asked.

"You have fluid in your lungs and you're very sick Dems. We have to go home." She shakes her head as her smile fades.

She begins to sit up, pushing her self to the edge of the bed, trying to stand up.

"No I am not going home. We are going to explore Paris." I rush to her side, trying to get her to sit down.

"Baby, it's for your own good." I say, trying to calm her.

"No! Okay? I did not come to Paris to let this stupid cancer ruin it. My body needs to keep it's shit together for another 3 more days and then we'll go back. I don't give a fuck if I die after Paris. I am not ruining this holiday."

She yells, but her voice breaks half way through, as the tears begin to fall down.

I hold her body in my arms, as she begins to softly cry in my chest. I rub her back and hold up her body from collapsing.

"Shh. It's okay." I whisper into her ear. She removes her head from my chest and looks at me. I use my thumb to remove the tears staining her cheeks.

"I know you want to say, but unfortunately your body is giving in. I'm so sorry baby, we're doing this for your health." I kiss her lips slightly as I feel warm tears touch my cheeks.

Using my thumb I remove the excess tears. I begin helping Demi get change and get ready for the flight.

I look over to Demi who was curled up in her seat, fast asleep with tear stained cheeks. I took her hand in mine as she shifted. Her eyes open as she glances around the plane. Liquid still circulating through the tank, helping her breathe.

I place a kiss on her forehead as she gets out of her seat, sitting on my lap. I wrap my arms around her waist as her body curls up. I brush the fallen hair off her hair.

"Logan." She whispered, barely audible.

"Yes baby?" I say quietly.

"I'm scared." Her voice broke as warm tears touched my shirt.

"Of what?" I stroked her back, easing her.

"Dying. I don't want to die, it's too soon. I don't want to leave you and everyone else." I wiped her tears as I felt my eyes become glossy.

"At the end of our lives, we go leaving a mark in this world. Some leave earlier than others, some leave later on. But no matter when we die, we will all join enjoy other again. Yes, dying is painful and it leaves behind others. But, we would others remember you, and I will always love you." Demi begins to quietly sob into my chest, I hold her tighter feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

"I love baby."

"I love you too."

"Demi, your timing is quite short." Dr Smith said as he walked around the room. "Your lungs are barely working, the only think keeping you breathing is the oxygen tank. Soon, your liver, kidneys will all stop functioning. It's only just a matter of time." He said.

I looked out the window, to darkness as it was midnight. Demi's sleepy body was sitting on the edge of the bed, getting checked out due to what happened.

"Can't- can't you do something?" She stuttered, slightly hesitate.

"Unfortunately no. This disease will eventually kill you, whether in a couple of weeks, a month, 2 months. There's not much time." I glanced over to Demi who had her head down and tears were falling. She looked back up, drying her face and putting a brave face on.

"From now until your last days, the hospital is welcome to you for all your medical needs. See you soon Demi." He gave a warming smile before I walk over to Demi, helping her and grabbing her oxygen tank.

I ring for a taxi as we wait outside the hospital. Demi was quiet, she barely said a word, just looking the other way. I grabbed her hand, and laced it with hers. A small didn't form on her lips.

We walk inside our house, turning on lights and walking upstairs. Demi placed her luggage in the bedroom and changed. I walked up the stairs and walked into our bedroom, seeing Demi crying into her pillow.

I walk over to her side, stroking her forehead. I get into bed with her and cradle her in my arms.

"Shh, baby it's okay." I kiss her cheek as her crys filled the room. "No it's not okay!" She yelled, hitting her hand onto my chest.

"Hey, calm down. I know it will be okay, trust me." I say.

"No it's not Logan. I'm dying, and that's okay? No. I don't want too, I don't want to leave you. Please don't let me die, please." She was basically screaming through her cries.

"I wish I could." I whispered. Her body began to calm down as the tears stopped flowing. I see her chest rising and falling, she had fallen into a sleep.

"I will always love you Demi, I promise." I say.

Sorry for not posting in forever, but I hope you enjoy.