Chapter Twenty-Five

Logan Henderson

It's 2 months since Bree and I have gotten serious with our relationship. She's always managed to make me smile and send butterflies in my stomach, the same effect Demi used to have on me. I smiled at the thought of the date I prepared tonight and how romantic it will be. My phone begins to ring and I can't help but wipe the smile off my face as I see Bree calling.

"Hey baby! Exci-" I was cut off by her voice. "Logan, we need to talk." 

 Her tone was serious which made me nervous and confused. I didn't understand what was going on. I gulped and let her continued.

"Yes, these past 2 months have been amazing and you're a sweet person and all, but it's really not working out.. And besides I've fallen for someone else who is better than you. Thanks for making me an actress by the way." She laughs at her words. Everything was a lie, I thought to myself.

"What?" I managed to choke out.

"You heard me. Oh and by the way, please get over that Demi chick, she's dead so." Those last words broke my heart. How could she? Why? I've finally let someone in after Demi passing and she treats me like this?

"At least Demi treated me better!" I yelled. I heard her smirk, which sent my anger over the edge. "Goodbye Logan. I can't wait to tell the media that you cheated on me." After that she hung up, leaving me. Now, I will have a bad name and look like the idiot who broke her heart.

I shook my head and threw my phone onto the couch, getting into my car and driving to the only place which makes me happiest. I pulled into the car park and got out, making my way through the cemetery.

I walk up to Demi's grave and sit where she lies. Tears begin to escape my eyes as I stare at her gravestone. I wipe my eyes, playing with the grass below me.

"I wish you were here Demi, you make everything better. Please give me a sign to know you hear me. I really miss you and need you." I begin to break down, quietly sobbing from the heartache inside.

If Demi never got sick, we would've still been together and none of this would've happened. Fuck you terminal cancer. I said in my head. I picked myself up and blowed Demi's grave a kiss before getting into the car, I check the time on my car radio and saw it was 5pm. I was gone for a whole hour. "Shit." I mumbled to myself as I began driving off.

Once I pulled up the driveway, I noticed an unfamiliar car on the road, in front of my house. I got out of my car and opened up the house door, revealing my mother and father sitting on my couch. My jaw dropped opened, leaving me in shock.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" My voice slightly shaken.

"Logan, I've missed you so much!" My mother said as she came up to hug me, but stopped as I didn't hug her back.

"Why didn't you hug back? Logan, dear what's wrong?" I shook my head as my father stood up as well.

"What's wrong? You finally come back into my life after a year and half of no contact. You were never there for me and you stopped speaking to me. Why? What did I do? I'm your own son and you have the decency to do that? The De La Garza's were more of a family than you guys. Because of you, I never saw my baby sister. Because of you, I didn't have a support system. You left now. And what? Now that my name is big, you've come crawling back into my life. I don't think so!" My voice was slightly risen.

"Logan, calm down." My father said. I glared a him.

"No! Now, both of you get out! I don't want you back into my life. Just leave!" I yelled, using all my anger to get out the words.

"No, we are not leaving. We are your parents Logan! We raised you. We didn't speak to you because you were so caught up with Demi. We are very sorry to hear about your loss, by the way." My dad said. I shook my head.

"Logan, you could've made some contact too." My mother added. I glared at her.

"So, now you're blaming me! I can't take this anymore." I felt hot tears fall down my face.

"If you insist. Goodbye Logan." My mother said, taking my fathers hand. He gave me a glare, before walking out the door.

I walked over to the couch, with tears in my eyes.

I pick up my phone and see messages.

James 4:15pm

You cheated on Bree? This is going to ruin the whole band's reputation!

Carlos 4:25

Are you feeling alright dude? You cheated on Bree! How could you?

Kendall 4:30

I swear to bloody god Logan. this has to be a rumour! Please tell me you did not cheat on her.

Dallas 4:40

Is Bree lying? I swear this is not true!

I broke down into tears. How could I ever convince them that this was a lie? What have I done? I've messed up, once again. I can never do anything right. I'm such a terrible person. My parents hate me, my friends hate and most likely my fans hate me. I pulled my knees up to my chest, cradling myself as I sobbed.

Why did I have to go through this? I don't deserve it. Do I? Demi would know how to make me feel better, I need her. I really need her. I look over to the front door, hoping to see a note that Demi wrote, but nothing.

I felt numb. The pain faded but the tears wouldn't stop. I'm a disgrace. I shouldn't be here. I should be with Demi, that would be so much better.

I grab my phone and message Carlos.

Logan 5:33 pm

I can't take it anymore.

And with that, I walked up the stairs, in the bathroom cupboard, looking for some form of relief. Pills.

Hey loves, sorry that I haven't updated. I go back to school tomorrow, so slow updates. Sorry. x