Chapter Twelve

Demi Lovato

I hear a beeping sound coming from a monitor beside me. I hear murmers from around the room. I slowly open my eyes, blinking a few times to fix the blurriness. I stare around the room, seeing 4 white walls. I look to my left, seeing a hurt Logan. His eyes filled with glossiness and bags lining his eyes. A small smile appears on his lips. He presses the button beside me, calling the nurse. I look over to Maddie with mascara stained cheeks. I look around the room only to be filled with emptiness.

"Hi baby." A small whisper came from Logan's lips. His thumb strokes my hand. I force a weak smile on my lips. "How long have I been like this?" I say quietly, using all my energy. "Just a few hours. Its currently 9:30pm." I nod at Logan's response.

"How are you feeling Demi?" A young lady says as she walks in. I then see Dr Smith walk in. "Weak, sore, tired." I mumble, shutting my eyes again. I hear the pen glide across paper, writing down what I just said.

"Demi, your illness is becoming very serious." I open my eyes to look at Dr Smith. He sits next to Maddie in the spare sheet. "There's only little time before it's the end." I nod as he leaves the room with the young lady. I stare at Logan as his eyes fill with tears again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I hear his voice crack as tears fall down his face. I grip onto his hand and stroke it, trying to comfort him. "I didn't want to hurt you." I whisper. I hear him sniff, I use my free hand to wipe away the tears.

I felt the tears burning up in my eyes. "No matter what, I love you." I kiss his cheek before leaning back on the bed. I look over to Maddie as she stands up. "I'm going to call Mum and dad." I nod as she leaves the room.

"Cuddle with me, baby?" I ask Logan as he lays on the bed. His arms wrap around my waist and holds me close. His hand strokes my left arm, staring at the needle in my arm, which was connected to the drip.

"I don't want to lose you Demi. You're my everything, you know that?" Logan speaks quietly as stares into an empty space."You won't." I whisper, knowing that he eventually will. He looks at me, giving me a look.

"Soon, Demi I won't hold you in my arms, I won't be able to kiss you or cuddle you. I won't be able to call you mine or wake up to see that beautiful face beside me. I will lose you and you can't just say you won't." Tears begin falling out of my eyes as Logan finishes, knowing that everything is true.

"I'm so sorry Logan, I wish I never got this disease." I place my face into the crook of his neck as my wet tears fall onto his bare skin. His hand runs through my hair as he begins sobbing. My heart breaks into two, realising I'm hurting the one I love the most. We both cry into each other, filling the room with sobs.

My mum walks in with Eddie behind, witnessing our moment. My mum rushes to our side with tears falling. The sight of my family made my heart ache.

"It's okay Logan." I hear my mum say softly as she holds us both while sitting down in the chair. She wipes away our tears before turning her attention to Dallas as she walks through the door. I wipe the last tears coming from Logan before placing my lips on his. His arms tighten around my body, holding me close as our tears stop.

Logan Henderson

I hold the sleeping Demi in my eyes as I stare at the tv, trying to take in everything that is occuring. Everything began to fall into place, the bucket list, the constant sickness it all added up to having terminal cancer. My stomach twirled everytime I heard or said the word. As crazy as it sounds, but Demi is the one and I know it, now I can't grow old with her and be able to kiss her when we're old. I can't marry he and I can't be the one to have kids with her.

Demi became my whole life, losing her was the scary part. I feel her shift in my arms, tossing to the other side. I smile appears on my face staring at how beautiful she is and always will be. So much was too be completed in such little time. Dr Smith told me that he is giving at least 2 months which is such a short time.

I unwrap my arms around her waist and quietly get off the bed. "Dianna, I'm going to go get a few things from home." I whisper as she nods. I quickly peck Demi's cheek before leaving the room. I walk through the hallways and out of the main entrance and too my car. I begin driving off, going home.

Once I walk through the door, I run up the stairs and into Demi's and I's bedroom. I begin searching Demi's bedside table, looking for her song book. I close the draws and look in her wadrobe, searching through each draw. I chew on my bottom lip, questioning on where she would keep it. I walk back outside, grabbing her hand bag. I smile once I found her song book.

I walk back inside, flicking through each pages, looking for her bucket list. I reach the last page and read the ones she wishes she would fulfill. "Go to Paris." I mumble to myself as I grab out my phone, going online looking for tickets to go to Paris. I pick a date and book it, all I had to do was book the accomodation. I place her song book back in her handbag and drive back to the hospital.

Hope you guys enjoy. Please comment and vote. x