Chapter Seventeen

Demi Lovato

I sat in the wheel chair as I watched the rain pour down in the middle of July, holding the cup of coffee made by Logan.

Taking sips here and there, I enjoy watching the rain, letting my mind wander with thoughts.

I shift my head looking over to Logan who was cleaning the kitchen bench, I felt bad for him. He did all the house work whilst I sat in this bloody wheel chair and boss him around.

It wasn't like I could control it, my legs were weak and sore. I wanted to help him and take over, give him a break for a while.

"Babe. Stop. Sit down, watch some tv or go out with your friends." I say, rolling the wheel chair with one hand, using the other to hold the coffee.

"No, I gotta clean." I sighed, staring at him scrubbing the sink.

"Logan." I sternly say. He glances a look at me. "Get out of here, I'm fine. You need to have a life instead of cleaning, cooking and taking care of me. I am 21 I think I can handle shit by myself now, grab the car keys and go." I say. He stops cleaning and nods.

I smile as he leans down giving me a small kiss. "If something happens, please call me."

Logan Henderson

"Buddy! Long time no see!" I handshake Carlos before smiling at the rest of the group, taking a beer from the fridge.

Lately, I've been doing everything around the house and taking care of Demi. I loved her, but the work was a lot of effort. I didn't expect her to say what she said at all.

"How's Demi going?" James asked, I nodded before responding. "Yeah good. In pain but good."

As the night progressed, beer after another, my words became slightly slurred and my vision was unclear. I laughed at the surroundings around me, knowing I've had a little too much to drink.

"Logan, you alright to drive?" Alexa, Carlos' wife asked. I nodded as I left driving back home.

Once I entered, I see Demi, still sitting in her wheel chair, watching tv slowly dozing off.

"Hey baby, enjoyed tonight?" Her voice was soft and fragile. I smiled, slightly tipsy well drunk.

"Yes I did." I chuckled slightly.

"Good. Babe, I'm tired, are you able to help me get into bed?" She asks. My smile fades away as angry takes over.

Maybe it was just the alcohol, but I haven't been home for less than 5 minutes and she is asking me to help her? Give me a break.

"No." I say sternly. Her head shot up, giving me a confused look.

"Please, baby?" She asks softly.

"Give me a fucking break, I just came home and you already want my help? No. Get fucked." I spat at her, her facial expression showed hurt and sadness, but I couldn't care less.

I needed a break and she had to learn the hard way.

Demi Lovato

I sat their in shock, taking in the words that Logan said.

It's just the alcohol Demi. Breathe.

It's okay Demi, just breathe.

"Logan I." I said, lost for words.

"Listen here, you little bitch. You can get yourself into bed or just sleep on the couch or even the floor. I don't care. It would be so much easier if you weren't living here. Why did you have to get sick anyway? stupid idiot." And with that he turned around and walked up stairs.

I sat in my wheel chair, feeling hurt and shocked. I felt tears run down my cheeks, sad from the words that was said. Logan was never like this.

He would never be the one to yell, let alone be abusive. I quietly cried as I heard Logan get into bed.

I wheel myself over to the kitchen bench, grabbing pen and paper, writing a note.

I grab my phone and dial a number.

drammaaaaa x