Chapter Twenty-One

A smile pursed on my lips as I drove the busy road, on the way to Logan's house.  A cheeky grin upon as I look down at the envelope. I park across the road as the silence of the street filled the air, well considering it was 3 am. I rushed up to his door, sliding the envelope through it. I quickly rush back to the car, still smiling.

Logan Henderson

I wake up the next morning to an empty bed. I stare at the side that Demi usually sleeps on, I smile at the thought of waking up to her beautiful face. I push myself out of bed and walk down the stairs, realizing that today was Demi's funeral. I sigh, I look over to the door and notice an envelope. I scrunch my face up in confusion. I walk up to it and read "Logan" in cursive hand writing. As confused I am, I walk over to the kitchen table and over up the envelope, revealing a note.

I open it up and begin to read.

Dear Logan,

hey baby, you'll be expecting many of these over the next year or so, I hope you know that I only want the best for you and I'm here to guide you.

Today I'm aware that this is my funeral, I know how difficult this time is for you and my family. But remember that I'm always here, always watching over you and always protecting you. You are my true love and nothing will ever stop me for loving you even if I'm gone.

I love you baby.

Demi xo

I drop the note in shock, feeling the tears hit my eyes, I couldn't believe that she did this for me. I chew down on my bottom lip looking down at the cursive writing on the note, re reading it over and over again, in utter shock.

"Logan, may you come forward and speak?" I nodded as I stood up, walking behind her coffin.

"I have no idea where to begin, but let me start with on how much I admired Demi. Demi was truly a beautiful girl inside and and out. There was always a smile on her face, even in her last days. She would always laugh and brighten each and everyone's days somehow. Demi was such a strong person throughout her life. As well all know, Demi suffered with several issues but her recovery only inspired us. Her advice was all words of wisdom which helped us in our times of need. She was the most supportive person I've ever known.."

I paused, taking a deep breath and wiping the tears away.

"Demi meant everything to me, even though our relationship only got more serious over the past year. She was my best friend, my girlfriend and my true love. Words can't explain how much she truly meant to me and how much I loved her. She was full of so much joy and happiness once she overcame her struggles. She would always pull jokes and swear too much." The people chuckled, agreeing with me. "But hey, that was Demi and nothing could change that. She was herself and she had so much love for one another. Demi, baby if you can hear me. I love you so, so much and I will never forget you." I finished and kiss her coffin before taking a seat.

I dried my face as her coffin began to be lowered, I stared, watching every second of it. My heart breaking into pieces. Tears began to stream down. "Demi, no." I screamed. I fell to my knees and tried to bring the coffin back up. "No come back, Demi please." I cried, trying to remove the dirt. I felt arms pull me up and pulled me away as I cried.

"I need her." I whispered. I was placed down under a tree, just letting my cries take over.

"Logan, we completely understand that this is a difficult time for you and we're all here to support you." Kendall began.

"Please let us help you, buddy." Carlos added.

"We only want the best, you need to let us in." James said. I nodded at their words, picking the grass on the ground.

"So how about, we take you home and James will drive your car, then we'll have a few drinks?" I shook my head.

"I just want to be alone. I just want Demi to come back. I don't want to have a few drinks. It's like we're celebrating that she is gone." I added, still with tears streaming down my face.

"We understand, we'll just take you home and be there for you." I nodded at Carlos' words as I stand up.

who do you guys think put the envelope through the front door? hehe. sorry that it's short. x