#57

Lynn Gunn recently admits to going on her 'first date' with Hannah Ewens from Noisey.com.

On December 12, Hannah and Lynn took on London to tour it's most gothic spots.

Noisey: Is this a sufficiently pretty but gothic spot? 

Lynn Gunn: Yes! I’m so pleased we’re here because I feel like I’ve seen this place before on a website I love that’s about cool abandoned places.

N:What’s your favourite date you’ve been on? 

L:I’ve actually never been on a proper date. Let me think… nope. As a teen, I’d just meet people through groups of friends or very organically. I’ll establish a relationship and then we go on dates but I wouldn’t count that as ‘we’re going on a date’.

 I’ll establish a relationship and then we go on dates but I wouldn’t count that as ‘we’re going on a date’

N:You’re not the sort of person who’d go on dating apps?

L:No, it’s funny. I’d never signed up for any of that but there was one point where I got Raya, just to see what was on it. I got accepted and then the next day I met this girl. It was like the universe was telling me to stay off of those. I really do believe in meeting people organically and that people you’re supposed to find present themselves. My philosophy on relationships in general is that they shouldn’t be a burden or distract you from what you want to do, they should just be an additional thing. I like to go on Tinder for my friends though. Do a little of the work for them.

N:Do you live with friends now? Whereabouts are you based? 

L:I do; I just moved to Brooklyn. I used to really not enjoy it because we’d mostly stop there for tour and most of our management are there and I associated it with that kind of stress. Then I spent a few months there finishing up the record and fell in love with it. Or with the Sunday brunches. I started stick and poking people within the past year – I met this tattoo artist and he took me under his wing and whenever I’m home in Brooklyn, he lets me do tattoos on him and practice.

 I started stick and poking people within the past year – I met this tattoo artist and he took me under his wing and whenever I’m home in Brooklyn, he lets me do tattoos on him and practice

N:Especially with your hair blonde now. If Nala was a human, you know? 

L:I do know what you mean. It’s probably the coolest compliment anybody could give me.

N:When was the earliest time you can remember getting into gothic or darker things? 

L:I was always a weird kid. When I was three or four, still in a crib, we had our Halloween decorations up and there was a blow-up skeleton and I literally slept with it in there. My mum said when we went to the library I’d always pick up the skeleton books and on the top floor of the children’s section there was this pop-up haunted house book that I’d always have to ask someone to bring it down for me because it was too high and I couldn’t reach it. I’ve been drawn to things like this for no reason… Probably a past life.

N:What would your job be, creative and non-creative, if it wasn’t PVRIS

L:Creative: I’d love to work in film and do cinematography. Non-creative: something morbid. Maybe a groundskeeper for a cemetery or this. Or maybe a history teacher. I’d make it interesting though because I didn’t like it in grade school. My history teacher later on was one of my best friend’s dads and he did a good job of making the subject comical for annoying high schoolers who didn’t want to learn. I remember learning about the Tudors and he turned it into a big soap opera.

N:Lynn, this has been the sweetest and creepiest date and interview chat. 

L:I know. Best date ever. First date ever – technically.

----

Hello everyone long time no fact but here's a pretty recent one :)

To view the entire interview feel free to check out the link: https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/article/d3x33w/lynn-gunn-pvris-interview-2017-first-date

This book has reached over 30k reads! That's insane.. seriously what?? Thank you ALL who has voted and have been simply enjoying this little fact/quote book based off of one of my favorite artists and inspirations ❤

I love you guys and more facts to come! :'3