Chapter 9

I never told anyone about the letter. I should have but I didn’t want anyone to worry. I especially don’t want to worry Eric that the killer of Dad was now after me. Being an agent you get criminals after you all the time. And even if this guy thinks he can just come after me, he was so wrong. I was going to pierce a bullet through his head before he thinks about doing anything to me.

Marley stayed in her room for the rest of the evening. I was going to check on her, but decided to leave her alone.

I pushed the letter out of my head. It was just a threat. He was a coward. That’s why he is hiding behind that mask of his so no one ever finds out who he is. Anyway, tonight I didn’t want to think about it. I promised Chloe that we could have some alone time and maybe pick up where we left off at the station.

We decided we were going to relax in the spa that I had out on the back deck. Chloe was outside waiting for me and wanted me to get some apple juice for the both of us. I would much rather drink wine, but Chloe wasn’t a fan of the beverage. I had wine that belongs to Dad, but I never touched it since he died. Eric and I haven’t touched most of his stuff yet. We have collected some stuff and put it up in the attic, but most of it we just left where it was.

I walked into the lounge room where Eric was sitting on the couch with J.J., watching television. J.J. had fallen asleep. Since she had come home from the hospital this afternoon she had been a bit drowsy. She hadn’t been able to sleep much since sending the night in there.

I walked outside and was totally surprise when I walked outside. Chloe had lid up some candles around the spa. She even placed red rose petals in the water and around the spa, making everything feel so romantic.

“Wow,” was all I could say.

“I thought it would be fun to make everything romantic,” Chloe replied where she was already in the water. My mouth watered a little when seeing her in her blue bikini top.

“Surely is.”

I handed her our glasses and then got into the warm and bubbling water. Chloe handed me my glass and I took a sip of my drink before setting it aside.

“So do you know if Chief Parker found any more info on the stolen car?” I asked her.

“No, not yet. He said he will call us as soon as he knows something.” She put her glass down. “Let’s forget about work for a second and just have some fun.”

Chloe moved closer to me and sat on me. She connected her lips with mine. I rested my hands on her shoulders.

I heard a meow. I turned to see Tayvon sitting across from us on a chair, watching us. Even though the cat probably doesn’t know what’s going on, I didn’t feel comfortable with him watching us. Chloe didn’t seem to care. She was busy biting my neck.

“Chloe, Tayvon is watching us.”

She turned to look over at her cat and then turned back to me. “What’s the matter, Noah? Scared of cats watching are you?” She pinched my cheek. “You’re such a tough guy. I’m sure you can handle Tayvon staring at you.”

“It makes me feel uncomfortable.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. She turned to her cat and told him to go inside. He listened and walk inside where I had left the back door open for him.

We went back to making out. I reached behind her and untie the strings of her bikini.

“Um, Chloe?”

We looked up to see J.J. standing there looking disturbed. Chloe quickly got off me and retied the strings.

“What’s up, J.J.?” she asked.