Ch. 17. Peter, you're letting him back in your head

You walked around the house for five minutes until you finally found Peter. He had locked himself in his closet. His closet, why would he be hiding in a closet.
You: Peter, babe, I'm out here if you wanna talk. Is this about my period. Peter I said I'm sorry.
Peter: It's not that.
You: Than what is it Peter what have I don't to you.
Peter: I thought you said you didn't like Flash. That you wouldn't ever leave me.
You: I don't Peter what are you talking about?
Peter: Liz sent me a text. She said how she didn't want me to get hurt and that she saw you and Flash after school yesterday making out in the science class room.
You eyes welled up with tears.
You: She said that?.
Peter: Tell me it's not true please.
You: MJ Warner me about this. It's not true Peter it's all lies. She likes you Peter and she wasn't me gone.
Peter: That doesn't sound like my Liz.
You: It wasn't when you were the dorky single kid with me as your best friend. She thought I had you friend zoned. For almost two years now Peter she's been like this. Peter your letting him back in your head. Please Peter you've got to believe me. This has happened before. Peter they're in college now. They're still getting in your head.
You walked towards Peter and wiped the tears off his face. He embraced you in a hug that seemed to last forever.
Peter: tell me you'll always be mine.
You: Peter, I'll always be yours.
Your phone started to buzz. It was MJ.
You: *via phone call* MJ I'm glad you called.
MJ: yah we've got a problem.
You: Wait what?
MJ: Check Liz's Instagram bio right now.
You turned to Peter.
You: Peter can I borrow your phone?
Peter: yes?
You grabbed his phone quickly and went straight to Instagram. You pulled up her name and what you saw was unbelievable.
Working on my man. Almost got him. Future initials LP
Tears rolled down your cheek. Peter grabbed at his phone eager to see what caused this reaction. Peter looked at you with sadness in his eyes.
Peter: It was true.
You: * muffled by crying * I told you.
MJ: * confuses on the other end of the line* Y/N? I'm coming over.
You: how would she think we wouldn't figure her out? I don't understand?.?.
Peter: who knows. I'm confused too. Y/n I'm sorry I ever thought there was a possibility of you cheating. I don't know what I was thinking.
The doorbell rang and you ran to the door as fast as you could. When you opened the door MJ was standing there. You started bawling and jumped into her arms. I really need a best friend right now. MJ hugged you and didn't let go until you had pulled your self together. MJ sat down on the couch with you. Peter started to get on his shoes and grabbed a jacket.
You: Where are you going?
Peter: I gotta talk to Ned or something. I'll be back in about and hour.
You: ok
You turned to MJ.
You: How could she? And her bio, how did she think we wouldn't notice. He loves me right? Or doesn't he?
MJ: Oh baby girl, he loves you so much he talks about it all the time.
You: He does?
MJ: Ever since I've been his lab partner this year he doesn't shut up about you.
You: Really?
MJ: Not once this year yet has not mentioned Liz once. I promise you he loves you.

An hour passed and just like Peter said he got home in that hour. MJ left just before Peter arrived. You walked over to Peter.
You :I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm sorry she made you think I was some type of slut. I believe and trust you and love you.
Peter: I believe you too y/n and I love you beyond measures. Let's just forget she ever did that. I've blocked her Instagram her number her everything. She can't contact me anymore. Now do you feel like a nice walk around the park?
You: I would love that.
You got changed and headed out with Peter.
You guys walked for about 15 minutes then Peter stopped and turned you towards him.
Peter: Today has been a crazy day, so many issues so many things have gone wrong. But look at us still holding hands walking through the park. We need each other for times like this. If I didn't have you with me I wouldn't have made it through today. I wouldn't have made it through any day. You've been my best friend since I can't even remember. Since we were two. You know me best. You know everything about me. You know my strong points and weaknesses. I know we're only 16 and juniors even though I turn 17 next month and you two months after that. But I fully believe what I'm about to do is the right thing. I know it's the right thing.
Peter got down on one knee and pulled a little black bow from his pocket opening it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. Tears filled your eyes as you realized you were about to be asked to marry the love of your life. Happy tears of course.
Peter: Would you do me the honor and make me the happiest man in the entire world? Y/n y/l/n will you marry me?
You nodded your head with extreme excitement and Peter stood up. You brought Peter into a hug then pushed him away.
You: What will my dad think.
Peter: I've asked he completely approves.
You pulled Peter back into a hug then felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned to see Tony standing there with a tear running down his cheek.
You: DAD!!!
Tony: I'm so happy for you baby! I've only been your dad for about a year and a half now but I love you more than anything!
You: Aww I love you too dad.
You hugged Tony. Then looked back at Peter. What a year this was about to be.