Chapter 2

I pull off the jacket of my Glaive uniform and throw it in the back seat in frustration. I'm sitting on the rear of the Regalia, pouring sweat from the sweltering heat beating down on the five of us. I place my elbows on my knees and try to wipe the sweat from my face. I had tried to be as polite as possible, since I had just met these guys, but right now I wasn't in the mood to be nice.

I sigh in annoyance and throw my arms down. "None of you thought to check the engine before we left?" I asked rudely.

"How were we supposed to know the car would break down?" Noct responded in an annoyed tone.

"It's your car. I figured you would have noticed something wrong with it before." We sat in silence for a moment as Gladio attempted to hitch us a ride. We were all covered in sweat since we all wore nothing but black clothes and drove in a pitch-black car.

After a few cars drove by without stopping Gladio gave up.

"I think we can forget about hitching our way there" he leaned against the vehicle in defeat, "Thought people were friendly outside the city."

Ignis is sitting in the driver's seat with his head and arms resting on the steering wheel. "You can only count so far on the kindness of strangers."

Gladio stretched out his arms and began walking towards the back of the Regalia. "Guess we're gonna have to push her all the way."

I hop off the car and walk over the the side of the Regalia facing away from the road. Prompto is there sprawled out on the paved road as if he were about to die of heat. I nudge his leg with my foot, "Get up, Prompto."

"But I've already pushed myself to the brink of death," he gasped dramatically. I roll my eyes as Gladio tries getting Noctis and Prompto up himself. I had expected Prompto to be more of a young punk when I first saw him, but instead he's just a cowardly jokester. I guess it's not always such a bad thing, but I am not in a good mood at the moment.

I place my hands on the back of the car for a second and then quickly pull them away after feeling the hot metal burn my skin. I look down at my now red hands and suck in a breath through my teeth in pain until I am suddenly interrupted by that sweet accent.

"Y/N" Every time Ignis speaks I try to give 200% of my attention just so I can hear and savor every word.

I snap my head up at him, "Yes?"

"Why don't I push and you steer?" He began exiting the car and held the door open for me. I supposed it made more sense since he was wearing gloves and wouldn't be burned. However, I would feel bad if I didn't help.

I shake my head, "Oh no. You don't ne-" he holds up one hand to stop me.

"Please, I insist." The sun has been making every inch of my body burn, but I can still feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"O-okay thank you." I immediately look down at the pavement and walk quickly to the driver's seat. I do my best not to look at him as he closes the door for me after I get inside. I could hear Gladio whisper something to the others.

"Geez. For a Glaive she sure seems weak." This insult jabbed at the side of my brain.

Well sorry. Not my fault you guys are uncomfortable to be around. I thought. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to stay calm. I've been rude enough already.

All four of them began pushing the vehicle while I kept the car on the road. The whole way to Hammerhead all I could think about is how rude these guys have been to me. There was even something about Ignis that made me feel like he was unsure of me.

They all seemed so sure that after we reach Altissia they would never have to see me again, but I know we are going to be stuck together for weeks, maybe even months.