Chapter 39

Dont forget to bring put the tissues T-T.

*Warning* This chapter and the next contain spoilers from both the original ending and the royal edition ending.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As we walked through the empty streets of Insomnia we reminisced about our days here. We even pulled up memories from when we were children. I laughed as I listened to all the funny things they had done before I met them.

"Fashionably late, I see," we look up and see Ardyn standing innocently on top one of the old and broken street lights. He turned back to look at the Citadel standing tall ahead of us, "Insomnia, the Crown City of my Kingdom,"

He turned back around to face us and lifted his arms up on his sides, "I bid you a warm welcome,"

A bright light shined above him. Balls of flame began falling from this bright light, setting the city ablaze.

"What the hell's he doing?" Gladio asked.

I whipped my forehead with my arm as the heat quickly began to rise.

"I've prepared something special for you, Noctis," We could barely hear Ardyn over the sound of the flames, but as he finished his sentence a bright red transparent wall formed around the Citadel.

"What?!" Noct yelled as he stated off in disbelief.

"You sick bastard!" I took a step towards him but was stopped when Ignis held his arm out in front of me.

Ardyn chuckled, "It is the same Wall your father gave his life to sustain, Noctis. I thought it might serve as a lovely reminder of your Daddy Dearest. Do you like it?" He laughed again. This was the most ominous laugh I'd ever heard from anyone.

"I must go now. My little pet will greet you at the gates," he quickly vanished before any of us could react.

Giant metal hands began climbing out of the ground around us and we quickly ran towards the Citadel, killing any daemon in our way. It was much harder to get around than before. So much flames and daemons in the way. Not only that but there were also still imperial weapons left from the ceasefire.

As we approached the gates of the Citadel a large beast came into view. As we got closer we could see it was a giant three headed dog.

It had been asleep at first, but once it sensed us it's eyes shot open to reveal glowing orange orbs. As it stood up flames burned inside all three mouths.

"Must be his 'little pet'," Gladio said. The beast suddenly shot a burst of flames around us. I block my face from the intense heat and then look around behind us.

"It's blocking us off!" I yelled.

"Well, if we can't run then all we can do is fight!" Ignis responded.

The dog launched itself in the air and came back down above us. I quickly warped away from the blast, but the others didn't seem as lucky.

"Y/N! Noct! One of you try to attack it in midair," Ignis suggested.

"And what? Keep it from jumping around?" I asked.

"Precisely,"

Noct and I looked at each other and once again we instantly read each other's minds. I warp in front of the beast and began dancing around and waving my arms to get its attention.

"Hey! Hey big guy, look at me! That's a good boy!"

Once all its attention was on me I summoned my sword and threw it as high in the air as I could. It jumped up to catch me as I warped, but Noct's warp strike sent it back done.