Chapter 6

Gerard pulled up in front of Frank's house and put the car in park. He looked over at Frank, both of them still smiling.

"Y'know, I had an amazing night," Frank said.

"Yeah, I did too. Despite having to avoid Ray and Mikey."

Frank laughed and shook his head. "Y-You think we could do this again sometime?"

"I'd love that."

"Cool." Frank smiled. "Maybe this time, we won't all choose the same venue."

"We can only hope," Gerard said. 

Frank reached for the door handle, but something stopped him. "Hey, Gerard, have you seen my jacket?" he asked. "I didn't leave it at the restaurant, did I?"

"No, I'm pretty sure I grabbed it for you," Gerard said. "I think it's in the backseat."

They both turned around, but Frank saw it before Gerard could grab it.

Frank took the briefcase and held it up. "What's this?"

Gerard shrugged, trying to come up with a quick lie. "I think it's my dad's," he said. "It's probably just some stuff from his work."

"Oh," Frank said. He set the briefcase back down. "What's he do?"

"Professor."

"And stereotypical, at that." The two laughed. Frank turned back around and reached into the floorboards. He rummaged around for a moment in the dark before getting a hold on his jacket. "Here it is!" he said, holding it up.

Gerard grinned. "Frank, are you sure I can't just walk you to your door?"

Frank sighed. "I'm positive," he said. "I know, I'm sorry. Ray's my best friend and he's only seen pictures of my family. They're just super weird about stuff like that. They just hate company."

Gerard nodded. "I know the feeling," he sighed.

Frank thought for a moment. "How about this?" he asked. He climbed out of the car and walked over to Gerard's side of the car. He opened Gerard's door for him, and the two stood behind the car where they couldn't be seen.

Frank took both of Gerard's hands. "Is this better?" he asked.

Gerard grinned and nodded. "This is great."

"And you, uh, you're sure you want to do this again?" Frank asked. "I don't feel like getting ghosted. I save that for Thursdays."

Gerard laughed. "I'm absolutely sure," he said. "Here, I can prove it."

He leaned down and kissed Frank. It was soft and sweet, and it nearly made Frank's knees give right out from under him.

"O-Okay, I believe you," he said when Gerard released him from the kiss.

Gerard grinned. "I don't kiss on the first date."

"Oh, stop," Frank said. "You say that to all the girls you go out with."

Gerard laughed, then pulled him forward for another kiss. "Fuck, you caught me! What am I gonna do now, Frankie?"

"You could try being less of a hoe."

Gerard put a hand to his heart. "Why must you hurt?"

Frank laughed. "I should go," he said. "My parents, they worry a lot."

"That's okay, I understand," Gerard said. "You'll call me?"

"Absolutely."

Gerard gave Frank a final kiss goodnight. He climbed back into his car, but waited to pull away until Frank was inside.