chapter eight.

"keep it a hundred, i'd rather you trust me than to love me
keep it a whole one hund'
don't got you, i got nothin'"

☕️🍂

Kaison Brown.
December 20, 2015.
Marina Del Rey, California.

All I saw was red. Who was this dude and why was he so close to what was mine? They looked so comfortable being in one another's arms like that, and come to think that Naila and I have only been together for a day and this is already happening was beyond me. Before I knew it fists were flying and he was on the floor with blood flowing out of his mouth. It all happened so fast and at that time I had little to no control over my emotions or actions. All I knew was that someone fucked up and fucked up bad. There was absolutely no reason somebody should be on her like that even if they were family. The whole situation was completely inappropriate for where we were at the time and even I had enough decency and respect for her family to not be physical like that with her when she was in a bathing suit.

I didn't even stay on the boat long enough for anyone to truly react to what had happened. I snatched Naila up by her arm and took her back to the hotel, and ever since then I've been locked up in this bathroom. I couldn't stand to be around her or even look at her face right now. I really hope I'm just overreacting on this whole situation because if I wasn't I was gonna be on the first flight back to Washington.

Finally deciding to get off this toilet, I walked into the small hotel room kitchen and washed my hands, walking right past Naila who had a pitiful expression on her face. The room was dark, with only the purple light from the TV illuminating her features. Her eyes were burning a hole in my back but I was planning on ignoring her until she finally found the courage to explain what the hell happened on the boat.

 Her eyes were burning a hole in my back but I was planning on ignoring her until she finally found the courage to explain what the hell happened on the boat

"Why did you hit him?"

"Are you joking right now? That's the first thing you ask when I found you cuddled up with some random nigga on a night that was supposed to be for me to meet your family? Nai don't even come to be with that bullshit."

"You're so fucking wrong right now and you won't be man enough to shut the fuck up and let me explain!"

"What was there to explain? I saw what I saw! There ain't no damn way that was your family either because family don't cuddle up like that and you know that I'm right, Naila! If you're gonna explain do it now because frankly I'm ready to be on my flight back to Seattle."

"First of all, I thought that was you the entire time! I had been so happy all day because my family fucking adored you! They love you, Kai and I can tell. I was looking out at the sunset and when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso I swear to God I thought it was you! I wouldn't want it to be anyone else. I don't have to lie about this. I really need you to think this through and try to trust me because if I need one thing from you it's trust! I didn't have that with my ex, who was there by the way, and I just...I can't have another Kalil, okay? My heart, my soul and my mind can't handle that type of turmoil. I'm scared for my life, okay? I had no clue he was out of jail and actually had the audacity to come to my boat party! Trust me I didn't want him there, he was never invited, okay? Can you trust me?"