chapter nine.

"i can't take my eyes off you
i think God made you for me
it's too good to be true"

☕️🍂

January 13, 2016.
Everett, Washington.

"Baby stop! I can't breathe stop!" Naila yelled out while she was in a fit of hysterics from Kaison being so rough with his ticking. They've been having a tickle fight since Nai got done with her breakfast in bed this morning, and it seemed like Kaison was trying to make her throw it all up or something by the way he was attacking her with kisses and tickles. Today was Naila's 24th birthday, and there's no one she'd rather be celebrating with than her baby.

She still never answered his question about traveling with him, but she was planning to today. She wanted to make her answer meaningful, and she had a pretty good idea on how she was going to do it.

"Baby I'm forreal! Stop playing! If I throw up on your Bape sweatshirt you gon' be mad."

"You damn right!"

"Then stop!"

"Okay, okay! I'm done!" Kai put his hands up in mock surrender and backed away slowly, making Naila giggle uncontrollably. Since the argument they had in California and the makeup that followed, they became closer than ever. They truly were each other's best friends at this point, each of them trying the hardest to make each other undeniably happy. But in all honesty, there wasn't much they had to try to do to make each other happy.

"So lovebug, how does it feel to be 24?"

"I feel good! This is one of the best birthdays I've had since I was about 12 and I'm just elated that I'm spending it with you."

"I'm happy that I'm spending it with you too, love. This is your day and if I'ma do whatever I can to make it better."

"You make all my days better, you know that.."

"Aw, someone's getting soft all of a sudden, huh? Ever since we got back from Cali you won't leave me alone, woman!"

"Well what can I say! You're an amazing person to me and that argument scared me shitless. I'm afraid to lose you especially since I have a crazy ex boyfriend who may be plotting against me now and I feel like I need you more than ever."

"And you know I'm there for you, right? I gotchu, always."

"I gotchu, always." She said with a giggle. Chris then asked, "So, what do you wanna do today, babe?"

"Laying up with you would be fine, honestly."

"Nope, we need to do something meaningful. I want you to remember this birthday for the rest of your life. We can go to a skating rink, go sightseeing to the Space Needle...there's tons of shit to do Nai! Just say the word and I'm on it."

"I would love to go sightseeing! I haven't truly been able to explore the city since being back because I've been working the entire time so let's gooooo!"

Taking her by the hand, he led her to her closet and closed the door behind him. He was also hiding something up his sleeve with this little outing they were about to take, and he was more than ready to admit it to her. Honestly, he made his mind up about Naila from the time he met her, but wasn't quite sure if she truly reciprocated those feelings. He knew how deep her trust issues ran stemming from things that happened long ago, and he was always trying his hardest to be careful, respectful and considerate when it came to Naila's fragility.

"How I look, babe?"