Girl Meets Hurricane

Rose's Outfit:

Topanga's Bakery

Topanga's Bakery

I walked into Topanga's after dance practice. Uncle Shawn and Maya were playing around together,  Mom and Kathy were behind the counter smiling as they watched the two of them, and Dad and Riley were sitting on the couch one was pouting while the other one was watching their best friend with a smile. Can you guess who?

I greet Dad with a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Hi, Daddy."

"At least one of you loves me," Dad cries hugging me tightly. I look around the room confused hoping somebody could explain to me what was going on. Mom just chuckles and gestures to Riley.

I nod in understanding. "Riley thinks she's too old to spend time with you." Dad nods into my hair, I pat his back. "There there I'm here now."

"You spoil him," Riley complains.

I release myself from Dad and go sit next to Riley. "I'm so busy I barely get to spend time with Mom and Dad if I spoil them a little bit who can blame me. Besides you get more bees with honey anyway."

"What does that mean?" Riley asks me.

I was about to answer when dad picks up a piece of cake with a fork and holds it out for me to eat, I take a bite. "Mm, banana." I take the rest of the cake from him.

"Rose," Mom warns.

I wave her off. "Don't worry, I'm actually low on sugar right now," Mom nods and returns to her conversation with Katy.

"Why does Rose shove cake with me?" Dad asks Riley, he looks at Uncle Shawn and Maya. "Why do they shove cake and we don't shove cake? Riley? Is it over between us?"

"It's not me, Dad. It's you." Riley tells him causing me to snort.

Dad frowns. "Okay! Evening over!"

"Hey!" Maya and Uncle Shawn complain.

"Did you girls do your homework?" Dad asks.

"Not yet," I answered taking a bite of the cake.