50%

"Em, you have been throwing up for nearly an hour already", he said while holding back her hair as she was throwing up into the toilet.

It was around 6 am and they should already be heading to work by then, but they had spent their time in the bathroom ever since they had gotten up because Emily was throwing up heavily.

Of course it was morning sickness due to her pregnancy, but Hotch had no clue. Emily on the opposite had, and she remembered how hard Kaia had been on her during her first pregnancy.

"We should skip work today and go see a doctor", he whispered and rubbed her back supportingly. He was worried like hell, even that worried that he had forgotten about the huge hickey on his throat which she had placed there the previous night. People threw up some times, he knew, but not for one hour constantly when they had been fine the night before.

When she felt like her stomach was completely empty, she let out a sigh and set down on the ground. Weakness overcame her, but who could blame her?

"We should see a doctor", she nodded, her voice barely hearable. "but not because of a stomach flue."

He sat down in front of her, leaning against he bathtub. He still didn't understand, he was completely lost. "What do you mean?"

Emily looked at her hands, which were shaking. "Aaron...", she whispered, unsure how to tell him. "I - well - I'm pregnant." She didn't dare to look up at him, she was too scared. "I found out yesterday, I did two tests and -", she stopped and slowly raised her head again.

His eyes were wide open and he looked like he had been hit by a bus. "You're pregnant.", he whispered, without any emotion. Immediately, fear overcame her.

"I know, I - I - I didn't plan this neither and maybe it's - it's way too early in our relationship to have a child - but... it is what it is", she stuttered. "I'm sorry."

His eyes met hers as he spoke: "You're sorry? Em - I don't know what to say apart from that I am overwhelmed. I am more than happy, I really am. I know that we didn't plan this, but maybe this is what fate planned for us. I love you, I always wanted you to be the mother of my children one day."

His words made tears slipping out of her eyes and rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey", he smiled as he caught them with his hands. "I'm sorry for reacting so miserable. I was just beyond speechless."

"God, you scared me", she let out a small sob mixed with her laugh. "I really thought that you didn't want a child yet."

"With you, I'd always want to expand our little family", he smiled and kissed her softly, not caring about the fact that she had just thrown up some minutes ago.

He still couldn't believe it. After all the years, after they had finally gotten together, after they had finally created a little family with Jack and Kaia, they were finally having a baby on their own. It was like his luck with her was only rising and rising. He knew that they both had to have a look on their working schedules, but they would make it work. They would.

She smiled as his lips touched hers. Somehow, he was always able to find the right words, he always said the right things. Burying one hand in his raven her, she pulled him closer and deepened the kiss.

His hand slowly found her stomach and he rested his left hand on it softly, while his right hand pulled her closer by her waist.

"I am so happy", she whispered as they broke apart.

"Me too", he smiled and leaned his forehead against hers. She closed her eyes and smiled as well, enjoying this little moment between them - and well, their baby.

Unfortunately, this moment did not last long. Even though she had thought that her stomach had already been empty, she felt contains of it coming up her throat again and turned back to the toilet just in time. But this time, something was different; she was puking blood.

Hotch's eyes widened as he was holding back her hair. When it seemed like she had finished, he directly helped her up, looped one of her arms around his shoulder and embraced her against him by holding her by her waist.

"Where are we going?", she mumbled, now completely weak and nearly half fainted.

"To the hospital", he answered while grabbing his keys and a jacket for her before leaving the house to his car.

-

Hotch had been waiting too long to still believe that a doctor would walk up to him and tell him that everything was fine.

It felt like ages had passed since he had carried Emily into the hospital, ages since she had thrown up in the hallway once more, ages since the nurses had taken her away to check on her.
He looked down at the blood on his shirt. Of course it was white; how ironic.

Letting out a huge sigh, he walked the hallway up and down again. He knew puking blood was somehow connected to the stomach, but he had no idea how dangerous it was for her. And for their child, God, he knew that they would both break if something would happen to their baby.

"Are you Mr. Hotchner?", a young women suddenly asked and he nearly jumped.

"Yes, is she going to be okay? What about the baby? What -", but he was interrupted.

"Okay, now take a deep breath and let me talk", she said in calm voice. "My name is Dr. Meyer and I checked on Emily Prentiss." She stopped for a brief second to ensure that he was listening. "Okay. She is suffering from an active gastric ulcer. As soon as a person starts throwing up blood, a quick treatment is necessary so it was very good that you immediately brought her here."

"How is she now?", he whispered.

"I was able to get access to a vain, so I could inject medicaments like electrolytes with an infusion. This way we balanced the lack of minerals and liquidity.", she explained.

"That didn't answer my question", Hotch snapped. He always tended to get quite defensive when he was worried.

"Let me talk", Dr. Meyer continued calmly. "At first I wanted her to go to surgery because of the gastric ulcer, but the chances of her fetus not surviving would have been around 99,9%. So we decided to remove the ulcer non-surgical and it worked. She has to stay here for at least two days, but she is getting better."

"So the baby is fine as well?", his voice was choked in panic.

Dr. Meyer let out a small sigh and closed Emily's file in her arms. "At the moment, it seems so. But as a doctor I have to be honest with you. She lost a lot of blood and we don't know how much the fetus was influenced yet, but since she's only about 1 1/2 months pregnant, the chances of a miscarriage have risen up to 50%."