Can I See Your Voice

Based on season 4, episode 8 of the game show 'Can I See Your Voice', and Bollywood film Om Shanti Om.

[Kim Heechul's point of view]

"Who's voice can you see?" Leeteuk enquired from the side line. We came on this show, since he (as an MC) asked us to. I hope we added many laughs; the studio audience seemed to enjoy the show.

"Number 5!" Yesung said happily, finally giving his opinion. He probably didn't want to be overshadowed by Shindong and myself any longer, not that I blame him. But...

"I'm 500% sure she's the skilled vocalist." I said.

"You're just saying that because you liked the vocalist Jong Misun when you were a child!" Shindong said, grinning at him. "5 and Misun look identical."

It was true, I was a fan of Misun. Her voice was so soft and angelic.

"This is a shame. I wish I could have performed with you, but now you have eliminated me..." the girl spoke. She seemed to be a little younger than me. Her [h/c] hair fell onto her shoulders in small waves. Her skin, everything looked just like Misun. But her [e/c] eyes. Like the other contestants, they gleamed, ecstatic. A cliche to say it, but I was drawn to her, just like I was to Misun.

Yesung and Shindong seemed to immediately regret their decision as she stepped to a sleek, black piano, dread engulfing them. But somehow, I couldn't muster a conceited smirk. Lights began flashing to her, forcing the audience to look at the contestant. Blue stars lit a ring around the stage as her pure white dress flowed to her ankles. Her posture, proper, confident and bright. The silence broke with the first touch of a key.

She sang, and it was just like her. Like a reincarnation, she sang beautifully. Better than any of Misun's work, but perhaps that was because I was there, witnessing this very performance. The entire room applauded her, just as her show ended, including me as I stifled clap.

"My name is [name]. I'm 32 years old, and I perform around bars and restaurants. I wanted to debut, but I was afraid I was too old by now. Thank you for this opportunity." She spoke, that soft voice again. But this time around, her voice seemed to crack, as if she was losing hope in that dream.

She left the stage, and the show continued, but I still clung onto her voice.