A Visit

Based off of Bollywood film Om Shanti Om.

It was one week left. One week before the video release and and grand ceremony.

Most of my days were spent with Heechul, in his apartment going over preparations. They hired an actress of a similar build to myself to perform with Heechul. Though I couldn't stand on the stage with him, I was happy for the actress to get her minutes of fame (and Heechul). She would play Misun in Chiyeul's movie. Early twenties, natural double eyelids, no blemish discovered, rich hazel eyes, slightly wavy maroon hair; I needed her secrets to perfection.

I excused myself for the day. Nari called me over the phone, the sound of her breath hitting the microphone vibrating across my pina as she tried to properly annunciate. Get here now.

"Hello darling!" A tall man wrapped his arms around me. His vaguely deep tone coupled with the scent of his black peacoat made everything clear.

"Hi dad." After going through the usual formalities, the question I dreaded came up.

"How's the music coming?" I looked over to Nari, giving her usual bulging eyes when she wanted me to go through with something. "You appeared on television! My beautiful daughter will be famous!" Infamous. I corrected mentally.

"No record deals yet, I'm afraid."

"You'll get one, some day. Keep looking." It surprised me how reassuring this old man could be. I hugged him again, glad he could come at such a tense occasion.

"Do you know her boyfriend?" Nari stated. "Kim. Heechul." She emphasised every consonant.

"He's no-"

"He's taking her as his plus one to this movie ceremony!"

"Kim Heechul?" Nari nodded enthusiastically, running to grab her phone. Me on the other hand was just thankful my big mouth hadn't disclosed the entire information. Particularly me being a reincarnated Misun. And the ghosts. And the fact of the biggest men in the entertainment industry was a murderer.

My dad looked over the pictures we'd collected over time: moments forever frozen in time. A smile began making its way onto my face as I watched each image be swiped, hearing Nari's over exaggerated description of each, further encouraged by me jumping in. His laugh echoed through the room, unknown as to when the last time he laughed here. Wrinkles enveloped his eye, one of two more than I recognise. He was always cheering me on, encouraging me. Why couldn't I see him more?

"I wish you could come."

"I can stay for a week." He stated, the hotel not costing much with his large professional basket ball champion earnings. "I'd like to meet Heechul. He seems like a nice man."

"He's not my..." My words wavered until silent, the grin I saw letting him to enjoy the fantasy life his daughter had. Just this moment.