Park Nari

Based off of Bollywood film Om Shanti Om.

I walked into my apartment, a giddy smile stretching across my face.

"What's your phone number?" Silently, I reached for a receipt from my wallet and a pen, scribbling down the digits on the paper. I made sure my hand writing was as neat as possible, but with the trembling of my hand it was hard to tell. As I passed him the note, my fingers brushed against his hand. "We should hang out more often." With a final mellow smile, we parted ways.

"I'm guessing you were chosen at the end?" Ripped from my memory, my attention was brought to the best friend.

"Well..." I began, teasing her with playful smile. Nari's face lit up. Going onto the show was all her idea. The easiest way to get scouted. Not that it would work with Super Junior taking all the attention. And it probably wouldn't work. My eyes rolled as I bluntly told my answer. "No..."

"Hey!" She nudged me, as if to scold me for thinking of myself as un-idol like. I was no idol. "At least you showed off what we had!" I could only nod.

We were to go on as a duo called [band name], but since Nari fractured her wrist, she couldn't play guitar. 'You should go on your own. I'll only get in the way without a guitar.' That's what she said, and I disagreed. She insisted. And to hear my pessimism, I can't bare seeing her depressed. She'll see the show, and she can make out future events on her own. I need to remain optimistic for now.

My phone began to buzz. I showed her the screen, knowing she'll become furious at the sight of her ex's number. As I predicted, she snatched the phone away and stormed off. I can't tell her who our guests were now, can I?

I began opening the preordered pizza my friend had served us and turned the channel over to a drama channel. My body sank into the psychedelic sofa, and took in the scent of my sweet sweet sanctuary. Sure, it was messy, badly decorated, but it's cosier than the chilling wind.

It was so surreal to have Heechul as a friend. It all happened so quickly too...

"No way!" Nari said, standing in the doorway. I looked at her with my eyes wide open from the near heart attack she gave me. An annoyed exhale escaped through my nose, as she pointed the screen towards me, the list of my contacts flashing at me. Don't ask... "Kim Heechul. As in THE Kim Heechul? From SuJu?"

And so I (reluctantly) happily told her everything.