A Haze

Based off of Bollywood film Om Shanti Om.

"You're back home." Leeteuk whispered lowly, handing me some water as we sat at the kitchen. "How was your time with [name]?" He asked, his lips in a seemingly permanent simper.

I looked across the dimly lit apartment. The only presence in the lounge were clothes that had been flung across furniture. No light seeped through the bedroom doors, and the low hum of heaters rid silence. Everyone's sleeping.

"Good. I got her phone number." I looked at the water, thinking back to that moment with a small smile on my face.

"We should get some sleep. We're going to the set of our next music video tomorrow." Leeteuk said, standing up and going to his room. After taking a last sip of water, I followed suit.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I drifted to sleep.

Music echoed through the room. [Name] sat at the piano, camera's pointed at her as she lip synced a song created by Misun. A ring of fire escaped the platform the piano was sat at, presumably to add some glamour to the video. Makeup was patted onto her face, adding to that aura. She didn't need it; her face looked beautiful whether she wore it or didn't. I felt my face twinkle at the sight of the performance.

But something seemed different. It wasn't like the performance I'd witnessed at Can I Here Your Voice; Something I couldn't explain. [Name]'s eyes flickered from the piano, to the flames and back, her whispers quivering as she became uncertain of her own safety. The crackling and flicks seemed centric to her. She looked over to me, a little worried, but a nod was all she needed to gain her confidence.

"GET MISUN OUT OF THERE!" Someone shouted from the background. Suddenly it made sense; the flames leapt higher, as if someone had taken a leash off of a wild animal.

I couldn't control my actions. I didn't want to. My body lost all fear as I dropped what I was holding. I ran through the flames, picking [name] up and carrying her in my arms. I steadily walked back, careful not to have the flames lap over her body. My body felt as if it was freezing, but being ripped apart. But [name] wore a look of sheer terror, but not just for herself, but for me as she looked at me. I looked at her, blank. All that was needed was for me to concentrate on her.

After we left the platform, I stood her up on her own as the fire was extinguished. "Thank you Lee Heechul. We didn't expect a stage hand to be so courageous." Someone spoke to me. From the corner of my eye, I saw the coffee I had dropped from earlier.

"It was no problem." I managed a leer before my vision went black.

I woke up, sitting up slowly ignoring the time read 03:00.

Perplexing. "Why was I dreaming myself as a stagehand...? Lee Heechul? And that was [name] I saved. So... Why did he call her... Misun?"