A Chilling Evening

Based off of Bollywood film Om Shanti Om.

I placed the small keyboard at the sofa, Nari held her guitar. Music sheets were scattered across the room, some screwed up, some with heavy pencil scrawled across, and some were blank.

"You're such a soft-hearted person
Every time you are silently in pain
Even if I have to give my all
I want to make you smile again."

"I want to cry for you
I want to hurt instead of you
I don't want any scars in your heart
Ever again."

"When you love someone
So much that it overflows
It's so amazing
Because this is how it is[1]."

The sweet melody of a new song filled the apartment, along with soft plinks of a grand piano and the strums of a guitar. I and Nari sung as if one. 'Finally the song sounds just right!'

The sharp buzz of a door bell cut through our skill in action. "I'll get it." Nari said, standing up to open the door, leaning the guitar with hasty care against the side of the couch.

'What was that dream?' I thought to myself of the dream last night. I couldn't stop. The entire episode was so bizarre.

"Pizza's here!" Nari said, pushing the boxes to the coffee table. I shifted the keyboard around me so it was placed behind my seat, not wanting it to get in the way of my food.

Meanwhile it sounded like a large group outside our apartment were debating whether they had arrived at the correct place. Nari (again) stood up and walked to the door, deciding to offer some help to lost travellers. "Hello? Are you-" She fell quiet. Or at least her volume shifted to a lower level. "Hehe... It's embarrassing though!" She said at a normal decibel. "Come on in!" She said, revealing the face of a caring angel and a charismatic gentleman. 'Two men made all that noise? At least it isn't too late into the evening...'

"I'm sorry for the surprise visit. I thought it'd be fun to spend some time together."

"Of course! Please sit down." I said, motioning to the armchairs at either side of the sofa. I decided to fold the piano away and collect any music sheets, making sure they were organised well while wondering how on  the sheets could be so spread out. The significant blush on Nari's face implied embarrassment of the mess, though I didn't mind so much.

When I took my seat again, I realised this was the most casual I've seen either in; Tshirts with designs suiting each in their own individual charm, and ordinary pants. They knew what our state would be the second they begun to plan this. I rolled my eyes and let out a small chuckle. My quickly acquired friends would be the death of me.

Heechul immediately grabbed a slice of pizza and sat down, turning on the television and switching to the channel Mnet. He turned to us, not wanting to ignore his hosts.

"They call Heechul a show otaku because he seems to know everything about any show."

"Oh really?" I turned from Leeteuk to Heechul. My hands were typing rapidly on my phone. "What year did S*il*r M*on begin airing on TV?"

After a few seconds of thought... "1992."

"What year did R*d*o St*r begin?"

"2007."

"And when did your Kyuhyun begin MCing R*d*o St*r?"

"2011." I put my phone down and silently sipped my cola.

"I never thought I'd encounter anyone that watched more television than me..." Nari exclaimed, happy she had found someone to geek out over shows.

"Speaking of shows..." Leeteuk began, a puzzled look on his face. "You work with [Name] as [bandname]. So why didn't you come onto Can I See Your Voice?" Did he look us up...? When I researched Park Nari, there was an entire Wikipedia page dedicated to [bandname]. 'We're that popular?'

"My hand was fractured, so I couldn't play my guitar." She said, tapping the neck of her instrument. Leeteuk took her hand within his own, examining it. "Don't worry! It healed just before we went shopping together." She said with a smile. As they continued to converse between themselves, Heechul pulled my arm, grabbing my sole attention.

"Leeteuk seemed to be looking forward to visiting, though it was the most excited I've seen him in a long time." He whispered to me, not wanting Leeteuk or Nari to hear. Both of our eyes scanned the interaction. "Do you think Leeteuk-"

"Possible. And, Nari has been talking about Leeteuk a lot lately." I whispered back, grinning between us evilly. "I think we should just observe for now."

"But Leeteuk would be so happy to find out Nari likes him."

"Possibly likes him." Who was I kidding? She was in love.

Suddenly, Leeteuk began talking to Nari in a hush tone so we couldn't here, picking up on our secret discussion.

"We're talking about both of you." Heechul said, thinking that they were trying to work out potential topics of our interest.

"Oh, and what are you saying?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Heechul said, not releasing my shoulder from his hand.

"What did you think we were discussing that you felt you'd need to correct?" Leeteuk asked, raising his eyebrows at Heechul.

"It doesn't matter..." Heechul said, immediately shutting the conversation down. Little did I know, Leeteuk was discussing exactly what Heechul had thought. Nari and Leeteuk had their own version of our conservation, me and Heechul at the centre.

1. These are lyrics to DAY6' When You Love Someone (k-rock). Good song. Great band. Check them out!
- The years 1992, 2007 and 2011 I believe should be true.
- I only just learned of the Icheon Battle. That only makes this chapter so much more appropriate in my eyes.
- MORE LEENA! I hope you liked that. Hehe...
- And enjoy this happy little fun chapter!