Chapter 14

Kori POV

Calum pulled away as I dabbed at his split lip with a cotton ball. We were sitting on his bed and this was the third time it had started bleeding since I first cleaned it.

I held his head in place with my left hand, "Did you call me here just to play nurse?"

"No." He mumbled against the cotton ball.

I sighed releasing him and began cleaning up the first aid items we had managed to scrap up from around the house. It's been two days since the incident at the party and there are still bits and pieces that I couldn't remember. Calum had tried to fill in the gaps but my memory was still hazy.

He looked up at me looking like a beaten puppy who had a noticeably large bruise under his eye, "Have you talked to him?"

"He hasn't answered."

Calum only nodded tugging at the bracelets lined up on his arm. We were still moving past the awkward stage but the tension had faded immensely between us making the situation much easier. We weren't at the point where we could lean on each other as siblings but we tolerated each other enough to make it through the day and I was ok with that.

I moved a hand through my hair tugging at the ends that were tangled, "He's not going to want anything to do with me but I guess it's for the best considering I'll be leaving soon."

Calum got up from the bed making it squeak under the sudden shift of weight, "Wait you were serious when you said you were moving?"

"Yeah." I breathed out. Recently Calum and I had gotten in contact with our dad and he agreed to give our mothers child support. My mom brought up the idea about moving now that she was financially stable and it was not until two days ago that she dropped the bomb that we indeed would be leaving.

"But you'll still be nearby right? You're still going to our school."

What was the point of me staying? I caused this rift between Calum and Ashton and I was obviously standing in the way of their broken bond being healed. It's not like I had any friends, although I had become very close to Luke and Michael. And Ash. Ashton was a tricky one because I didn't know what we were but that made leaving easier. With no strings attached I could just pack up and go.

"No, my mom already found a house that's in a different district. I'm actually kind of excited." I admitted with a subtle smile.

Calum took a few steps closer to me with arms flailing, "Ashton will be devastated and what about us? We just became a bigger part of each other's lives and you're just going to throw that away." He gestured between the two of us.

I wish he would stop bringing everything back to me. I wasn't needed around here. We had spent our whole lives unaware of each other's existence so my absence wouldn't be anything foreign.

Grabbing my bag I flung it over my shoulder heading toward the door, "I have to start packing, I'll make sure to drop by to say good bye before I leave."

"Kori." He began to object but I placed two fingers over his lips trying to avoid his cut.

"Hush."

Everything happened for a reason and that was what I had to remind myself.

"Let me drop you off at least, I don't trust you being alone on the street."

I nodded thankful that I didn't have to walk. While we drove I noticed the houses and squinted in confusion.

"Uh this isn't my neighborhood."

"I know it's Ashton's." He replied cooly.

Was this boy insane? Ashton didn't want to see us and being the stubborn ass he was meant he wouldn't listen to our apologies. We were trying to put out a fire by adding more fuel.