CHAPTER FOUR

AFTER FOUR DAYS OF RADIO SILENCE AND SOME UNRELIABLE GERMAN NEWS REPORTS ABOUT MIDTOWN'S VERY OWN SPIDER-MAN BEING THERE AT THE SCENE OF THE AVENGER-V-AVENGER FIGHT, JACKIE LOGAN DIND'T EXPECT TO SEE HER BRUISED AND SLIGHTLY BATTERED BOYFRIEND SHOW UP ON HER FIRE ESCAPE AT THE ASS CRACK OF DAWN.

"Peter," she hissed, somewhat annoyed that her boyfriend had woken her up at four in morning after being MIA four the past four days, and somewhat relieved because after four days and some worrying German news reports that he had fought the Avengers for some reason, he was there, on her fire escape, waking her up. "Where the fuck have you been?"

Peter smiled weakly as he climbed into her small room, "Would you believe Germany?"

"I would." Jackie, thinking about the damage she'd seen at the German airport, ran her hands up her face and through her hair, tugging at her roots, "Though then I'd have to wonder why you were in Germany."

"Stark internship?" Jackie crossed her arms over her chest and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Tony Stark has interns fighting Avengers now?" She asked dryly. Peter forced a laugh as they both took a seat on the edge of her bed, 

"You heard about the fight." Jackie nodded,

"Everyone has," Jackie told him. "But I heard about you being at the fight because after two days of not responding to any of my messages I got worried and called May and she said you were accepted into Tony Starks internship program, which I know you never applied for so I did some digging online."

"Digging?" Peter snorted, Jackie was a dedicated detective when she wanted to be, Jessica had taught her how to be, but she wasn't like Ned who, with a few hours of dedication could hack NASA to find out if tiny green aliens with spherical spaceships were real or not.

"Okay, so I typed 'Spider-Man' in Google and hit News, whatever. Anyway, there's a bunch of German articles saying the Avengers and Spider-Man and two unnamed men destroyed the Halle airport."

"The inside was somewhat my fault..." Peter trailed off.

"But not the damage to the tar mat or anything outside the terminal?"

"That was more the giant guys' fault."

"Hulk was there?" Hulk had to be her favorite Avenger. Then came Black Widow and Hawkeye, then Thor because he just seemed really cool, then Captian America- because have you seen his shoulder to waist ratio -and then Tony Stark. Though at the moment, due to spiriting her boyfriend off to fight in some dangerous-life risking battle he had no business being in, Tony Stark was at the top of her shit-list.

"What no, there was this dude who could grow and shrink and ripped a plane apart and it blew up and-" Jackie put her hands up to cut him off,

"But you're alright, right? Just a few scrapes? No internal bleeding, no broken bones, or third-degree burns? Just a black eye and however many other bruises?" Peter who'd been using his hands to help tell his story, grabbed Jackie's hands and brought them up to his lips.

"I'm fine. Mr. Starks doctor checked me over, I'm good." 

"Good," Jackie murmured, "That's all that matters." Peter started to lean in when Jackie pulled her hands from his and rested them against his chest.

"Don't think you're out of the woods yet, you still have a lot to tell me."

"Like what?"

"Like why you went, why you agreed to let Tony Stark take you over seas-you did agree right?"

"Of-of course I did," Peter nodded, somewhat omitting the truth. Jackie was the most protective person he knew, and if she knew that Mr. Stark had blackmailed him into the fight, then there'd be no stopping her- and Wade, and maybe Jessica -from storming into Stark Towers and beating the billion heir philanthropist.

Jackie narrowed her eyes at Peter but said nothing. "Okay, so why'd Stark whisk you off to play child soldier?" 

"Numbers? My strength?"

"It was definitely your charming personality," Jackie joked, "But what I meant was why, like the reason behind the fight. Everyone knows that Cap's wanted and that the Avengers split, but no one knows why."

"Well Cap's friend blew up the UN and they were trying to help him escape." Jackie frowned.

"Does anyone know why he blew up the UN?" Peter shrugged. Jackie rolled her eyes and reached past her boyfriend and grabbed her laptop. 

"What are you doing?" Peter wondered as the computer started up.

"Finding out what the UN was doing when Captian America's friend blew them up," Jackie told him.

The two were quiet for a minute, "So," Jackie asked as she logged into her account, "What was meeting The Black Widow like?" 

Peter's eyes brightened, "It was great. She called me kid and said good luck. It was amazing." Jackie laughed at her boyfriend.

"So Thor wasn't there?" Peter snorted. "I wish." Jackie turned to her computer and searched 'UN working on when-' Jackie looked at the suggestions '-Rowanda happened', '-HYDRA was active', '-They were bombed'.

The first thing that showed up when she clicked the last suggestion was: THE SOKOVIA ACCORDS

"That was the place Starks murder-bot destroyed, right?" Jackie asked Peter. The teenage boy shrugged, "I think so. Click on it."

She did, and as she and Peter started to read the Accords summary her smile started to slip off her face and Peter started to pale.

"This is a law for hero's," Jackie murmured. She turned to Peter, "You didn't know?"

Peter shook his head a tad bit frantically, "This-it doesn't make any sense," he breathed, "Mr. Stark he gave me a new suit, he said to stick to the ground-"

"He advised you to break the law, Peter, what are you going to do?" And then something hit her,

"I need to call Wade, he needs to call the X-men, Peter, are you still...?" Jackie wondered, trailing off. Peter stared at the computer screen for a moment before nodding, "Yeah, I can't just not be Spider-Man."

"Okay but you'll be breaking a la the UN signed, Pete, that's big."

Peter nodded, his mostly sleep deprived mind working fast, "I got it!" He clapped his hands together loudly, "I'll just keep Mr. Stark updated. That way, the UN has a log of what I'm doing." Jackie looked at Peter, both brows raised, 

"You really think that'll work?"

"They didn't take the suit Mr. Stark made me and it's not like I'll be going into other countries, I'll stay in Midtown and keep close to the ground."

Though that didn't sound nearly as cool as fighting side-by-side with the Avengers, Peter looked at Jackie and thought of Aunt May and knew, that if to stay with them, all he had to do was stay close to the ground, he'd be able to do it.

---

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS, GALS AN NON BINARY PALS!

(so there I covered ca:cw and now the plot ball is rolling!)

6 comments for the next update.