CHAPTER FOURTEEN

JACKIE HAD NEVER ONCE ENVISIONED HERSELF A VIGILANTE, OR A HERO OF ANY TYPES, SHE'D BEEN FINE TO PATCH THOSE TYPES OF PEOPLE UP, BUT AS SHE AND THE OTHERS STOOD AROUND THE FRONT DESK SETTING UP THE BOMB SHE UNDERSTOOD WHY PETER AND MATT PUT ON A SUIT EVERY NIGHT AND RISKED THEIR LIVES FOR PEOPLE THEY DON'T KNOW.

"From what I can tell the architects plan was to place the explosives in the buildings structural center."

"Those look like support beams," Jakies pointed two circles out to Colleen, "So without then the building can't stand." Luke set the bag of C4 at Jackie's side.

"No remote dentenator," he said.

"Whats that mean?" Claire asked.

"It's a time bomb," Luke said, "One you deninate it you have only a few minutes to get away."

"You're sure about that?" Claire asked.

"Kind of," Luke shrugged.

"That's encouraging," Jessica said.

"It's basic training. They taught us how to run from the bombs, not set them."

"So once someone activates the charge..." Colleen trailed off;

"That's it." Matt nodded. He turned to Jackie, "You need to leave."

"What?"

"I don't want you anywhere near this building, I thought if it was a dentoar then I could get you far enough away-" Matt shook his head, "You need to leave, now."

"No," Jackie protested, "Not while you and Jess are here fighting freaky immortal kung fu masters."

"You don't get to decide," he turned to Colleen and Claire, "You two will set them. Once we get Danny you'll set the charge."

"What?" Colleen asked, slightly floored, "I'm going down there with you. Last time I stayed behind Danny got drugged and kidnapped."

"What part of this shitstorm sounds like staying behind?' Jessica hissed.

"Colleen the three of them have certain abilities," Claire pointed out,

"I can fight," Colleen said to Claire, who nodded.

"Exactly, as your friend, I'm saying if I'm going to do this I need your help a lot more then they do."

"Promise me you won't fail him again?"

"I'll make it right," Luke promised, "I owe him that much." Suddenly sirens started blaring. Jackie looked at Matt,

"I'm not leaving without you. I won't lose another parent." Matt nodded, with the police outside she wouldn't get far enough away anyway. He kissed the top of her head and looked at Colleen.

"Promise me you'll protect her." The katana-wielding woman nodded.

"Love you, be safe," Jackie. Matt nodded and pushed himself away from Jackie, "This way!" Jessica, as she passed Jackie grabbed the girl and hugged her tightly before letting her go and allowing her to run after Colleen and Claire.

'So?" Jackie wondered, "Is this your guys' first federal crime?" Claire snorted as she pulled out the map of the building and started leading Jackie and Colleen to the structural center.

"Babygirl, you have no idea." They turned a corner, and then another,

"It should be right up here."

"Claire," Colleen said, "For what it's worth, I know Luke and the other guys have abilities but so do you." Claire and Jackie looked at Colleen. Since when did tech support get abilities?