CHAPTER THIRTEEN

JACKIE LOGAN HAD ALWAYS HAD AN ACTIVE IMAGINATION; AS A CHILD SHE USED TO PRETEND SHE WAS A CHILD WHO OWNED A FIVE STAR EATERY, WHEN SHE GOT A LITTLE OLDER, AFTER HER PARENTS PASSED, SHE STARTED IMAGINING A WORLD WHERE THEY WERE ALIVE, BUT NEVER HAD SHE ONCE IMAGINED STEALING BOMBS- AND A GUN -FROM A POLICE EVIDENCE LOCKER.

Wade would be proud. Matt, Jackie imagined, at first before he realized that the bombs were being used to help him and Jessica, would be mad. But then he'd be proud, proud that she like him, had saved the day while other people with powers were still figuring out what to do. Jessica would be annoyed and worried; but mostly annoyed.

As Colleen and Jackie skillfully crept down the staircase of Midland Circle, only to hear loud crashes and painfilled grunts Colleen held her hand out for Jackie to stop.

"Those are Matt and Jess' voice," Jackie told Colleen when she heard Jessica call someone and old bitch.

"Okay," Coleen handed her the bag of explosives, "I'll go help them, stay here-you have the gun?" Jackie nodded, feeling sick over the fact she had something made for killing tucked into the waitband of her jeans, "Good. If I don't come get you, you blow up the building anyway, okay?"

Jackie paled. "But you and Matt will stil be inside."

Colleen placed a hand on Jackie's shoulder, "If I'm not back in fifteen we're all dead and you need to end this. Is that understood?" Jackie nodded, her bottom lip curled inwards.

"Cool," Colleen nodded. "Stay safe." And then she disapeared around the corner and for the next sic minutes and eight seoncd all she heard was her family and friends get thrown around.

'Everyone okay?" Matt asked once the fighting died down. Though Jackie didn't hear anymore crashing or swords clashing, she stayed exactly where Colleen had left her.

"Okay is long gone," Jessica said dryly.

"Hey," Luke said, "You should be at the precint."

"You're welcome, Jackie!" Colleen cried out, to which Matt and Jessica both echoed the girls name in shrill voices, "You can come out now." Jackie slowly came out from around the corner, only for Matt to turn on Colleen.

"You brought my fourteen year old daughter to fight the Hand?" Jackie couldn't help but feel warm at the fact Matt had called her his daughter.

"I made her take me," Jackie said before Colleen could defend herself. "I wasn't going to sit around while you and Jessica risked your lives."

"What's in the bag?" Jessica demanded as Colleen took it from Jackie.

"I'm here to save Danny and make sure no one gets hurt ever agian."

"And I'm sure you can do that and protect Jackie," Matt snapped as Jessica pointed out that Colleen didn't answer her quesyion.

"We have to go," Collen said, Jackie went to trail after her only for Matt to grab her arm. Jackie turned to ask why he'd grabbed her only to see a black volvo pull up to where she'd be standing if she'd followed Colleen.

"Thanks dad." Matt beamed, and though he tried to stop smiling he couldn't.

"You're still super grounded after this." Jackie nodded her head,

"I know." Claire Temple and Detective Knight climbed out of the car.

"Claire?"

"What the hell is going on here?" The nurse wondered.

"There's no time to explaine," Luke said, to which Claire scoffed at.

"Like hell there isn't."