CHAPTER EIGHT

THE NEXT NIGHT WHILE MATT WENT DOWN TO JOSIES TO MEET FOGGY NELSON, JACKIE LOGAN SNUCK PETER PARKER AND HIS AMAZING NEW SPIDER SUIT THROUGH HER WINDOW.

"You haven't been answering my calls," Peter said worriedly, "I thought something happened."

"It's-I'm grounded," Jackie told him, "Matt took my phone and laptop." Peter frowned.

"Why?" Jackie opened her mouth only to close it. She'd already been read the riot act thrice- once from Matt, once from Jessica and surprisingly once from Wade who in an almost uncharacteristically soft voice, told her if she was going to play hero to wear armor, 'You're not like us, Jackie. I don't know what'd do if I lost my best friend.' -and she wasn't sure if she was up for Peter to do so too.

"It can't be that bad," Peter said, cupping her cheeks. Jackie grimace.

"I jumped in front of a gun, twice." Peter jolted forward.

"What?"

"Right after you left these kids were stealing and the owner had a gun and I just reacted?"

"You reacted?" Peter gasped. Jackie blushed and shyly nodded.

"What happened, are you okay?"

"Matt came and helped me? I helped him? He saved me and then I saved him and he saved me a little more." Peter nodded, his fingers, as they threaded themselves through her hair, curled around the roots and pulled her closer to him.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"Is it because you love me?" Jackie grinned.

"Yeah," he nodded. Peter turned a pretty shade of pink and nodded as the hand that wasn't at the back of her head balanced itself on her hip."You said you love me too." Jackie giggled at the sweet memory from the night before.

"I did. I do, love you I mean. I love you," Jackie told Peter. Peter grinned and pecked her lips once. And then again. And then a third time. When Peter leaned back he looked at Jackie with bright eyes and a soft smile.

"Please," he asked her- begged her -"Don't jump in front of another gun. Ever. I can't lose you too." Jackie wanted to promise him, to tell her she'd play it safe for now on but the words wouldn't come out. So instead she buried her face in the crook of Peter's neck and nodded wordlessly. 

---

it's really short, it's a filler and next few chapters probably won't have peter but CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT GUYS!

3 comments for the next chapter because this was short af