The Making of a Song

Credit: centralperkswift on Tumblr
________________________

He hovered over me, my hands grasping at his hair. His scent was intoxicating, his touch felt like fire, his lips tasted like... luxury.

I broke away from the kiss suddenly.

"Wait," I panted, crawling out from under him to grab a notepad and a pen on the bedside table.

The taste of your lips is my idea of luxury...

"Is everything alright, baby?" he asked, clearly concerned.

"Yeah, yeah, just one second..." I was so engrossed in getting the words out of my head quickly that I couldn't concentrate on Joe, who had fallen onto the mattress and maneuvered himself around me.

Your love is a secret I'm hoping, dreaming, dying to keep...

"Baby, I don't mean to disrupt you, but we were kind of in the middle of something." His voice carried an amused tone, but there was a huskiness to it, making his slight frustration evident.

As much as I wanted to drop the pen, flip over, and straddle him, I had to get these ideas on paper before I forgot them.

And all at once you are the one I have been waiting for...

I felt him try to peer over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" he mumbled, placing light kisses on my shoulder and up to my neck.

"I just..." I had to keep replaying the melody in my head so his lips on my skin wouldn't make the lyrics slips away. I scribbled down the words as quickly as I could. "Give me two seconds and I'm all yours."

King of my heart, body, and soul...

"Taylor," he groaned, impatiently.

"Okay!" I set the notepad and pen back down on the table. "Done!"

I rolled on top of him, putting all of my passion into the kiss to make up for lost time. He moved his hand up to my cheek, letting his fingers thread through my hair, which hung down over his face. His other hand nudged my shirt up my body.

We rule the kingdom inside my room...

"Mmm, one more thing," I said, breaking away again, much to his dismay.

I sat up and leaned over the nightstand to jot down the lyrics.

They never took me quite where y—

"Hey!" I exclaimed, as he snatched the paper from my grasp to read it.

I climbed over him, trying to get the paper back but he held it out of my reach.

"What is this, baby?" he asked, as I gave up and cuddled into his body.

"A song," I mumbled, looking up at him, with my face resting where his shirtless chest met his shoulder.

"You were writing a song?" he inquired, laughing a bit.

I smiled, slightly embarrassed, and nodded.

He raised his eyebrow into a smirk that made me wish I hadn't interrupted him before. "About what?"

"You."

"I want to hear it," he said, eagerly looking down at me.

"It's not finished yet," I told him.

"That's okay, just let me hear what you have."

I giggled. "No, not until it's done."

He sighed in defeat.

"I'm sorry, baby. When I finish, you'll be the first to hear it, I promise."

I reached up to kiss him quickly before turning my attention back to the piece of paper.

Is this the end of all the endings?

"Okay, I really want to be supportive of your creative process but if you could maybe continue writing this a little later..." His tone was teasing, which only partially masked his desperate plea.

I set down my pen and turned my eyes to him, hesitating in his gaze just for a moment before rolling on top of him again and letting my lips meet his.

"You're just too inspiring," I whispered, my lips still brushing against his.

"No more interruptions." His eyes looked so deeply into mine that I could forget where I was. "Promise?"

"I don't know if I can promise anything," I told him, giggling a bit.

"Well then we'll just have to make sure you can't think coherently enough to form lyrics," he whispered, a smirk dancing on his lips, before he captured my attention in another kiss.

_______________________
End.
—————
Thanks for reading and I love hearinng feedback ❤️.