Chapter 15

(Dream Girl Evil-Florence and the Machine)

"Welcome to the Sanctuary sweetheart." Negan spoke softly to me with that same evil grin plastered on his face, man I wanted to smack it off of his face so bad.

We pulled into the yard, that was filled with walkers on spikes and chained to burnt cars and other things. The truck then pulled through a gate, parking in front of the large building they called the Sanctuary. I was setting out to memorize every crack, corner, and crevice of this place, because when I escaped from here, I knew Rick would need the info. Negan roughly pulled me from the cab of the truck, I yanked my arm from his grasp and angrily stared at him.

"Huh, a fighter. I thought I wasn't going to have to break you, and I was thinking this would be easy, but, uh-" He looked at me thoughtfully- "What's your name again sweetheart?" I clenched my jaw and squeezed my hands into fists. "Silent, like your boy Daryl." Negan let out a short whistle, and Dwight shoved Daryl toward Negan and I, until we were just a couple feet apart. "Look at him." Negan ordered. I refused as I continued to look at the ground. Negan roughly grabbed my hair, standing behind me, yanking my head back so I would look at Daryl, who looked like he was going to snap. "Daryl, I want you to look at her." Negan said calmly. Daryl did as he was told. "Now tell me your name, or I kill Daryl-" Dwight pulled out his gun aiming it at my friend- "myself." He finished, Dwight putting his gun away.

I remained silent, my nostrils flared as I breathed heavily, trying to hold back any emotion I had, except for anger. Negan tugged on my hair again. "Tell me or I'll kill him." Negan then pulled out a gun, and pointed it at Daryl, pulling back the hammer. "Tell me!" He yelled firing the gun, making my ears ring. When I opened my eyes I saw that Daryl was still standing, but there was a large hole in the ground next to him. "Damn sweetheart, you know how to call a bluff, you didn't beg for mercy. You don't scare easily that's for sure." I then felt him pull me against him, bringing his mouth next to me ear. "I like that." He whispered.

I know that was a risky move not following a simple command, but I was letting him know where I stand. I bit my tongue, keeping my jaw tight, not wanting anything to slip out that would get Daryl and I killed. "So, Daryl, what is your little friend's name here?" Negan asked as he let me go, and trotted over to Daryl, twirling his bat around.

"Hazel." Daryl grumbled glancing at me, then back to Negan. How missed his voice, I felt my chest flood with emotion but I shoved it back down.

"Hazel?" Negan scoffed then looked me over lustfully. "Hazel." He held out each letter of the name, making my skin crawl. That sinister smile reappeared on his face. "You know Daryl, you could have Hazel. She could be all yours, if you just settled for our agreement." Negan looked down on Daryl with that smile. Daryl just glared at the ground wanting this to be over already.

I didn't know what the 'agreement' was that Negan had with Daryl, but if I knew Daryl as well as I thought I did, I knew there was nothing that would make him settle. A man like Negan could never break Daryl, and that was a fact, and if Daryl could stay strong, so would I, no matter what. Daryl may have looked broken in more ways then one, but I could see he was just holding it all back. He had rebuilt his walls, now he was just waiting for his moment. "D, put Daryl on walker duty, I'm gonna show my new girl around." Daryl and I made eye contact for the first time in days and one last time, giving each other small discreet nods of reassurance. Negan put his arm around my shoulder. Fine I would cooperate, but once I got the info I needed I was out of here, and I would kill anyone that got in my way.