Chapter 43

Things still weren't a hundred percent, heck they weren't even fifty percent yet. While Daryl worked, I was at home, Scout would go to school and come back a little after noon, but what I didn't mention was the extra person I had with me all day. Sometimes it was Tara, sometimes it was Carol, Carl, sometimes Michonne, Maggie, Jesus, Aaron, they would follow me around and make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself or leave. Even when Scout came home someone was always there until Daryl came home, then it would just be the three of us again. This little routine went on for months, I didn't feel busy enough to live past the rut I was in. Everyday was the same and every night was the same, restless.

Most nights I would just walk around the house, rearranging the furniture, bookshelves, decor, everything, everyday when Daryl woke up the house was different. This did result in arguments between the two of us, then it would get delayed until he came home then we would fight more. The extra room in our house had been cleaned out, at the time to make room for the baby, but since that wasn't happening, I turned it into a library, also the sunroom, where I spent most my days. When I say I hadn't been busy, that was true but to most people I was, I replaced the window in the library, with a bigger one, that called for taking the old one out, cutting into the wall to make the opening bigger, then just installing it took a long time. Then I built floor to ceiling bookshelves, finding comfortable furniture to fill the room, along with a lamp, and a soft rug made out of animal pelts Daryl was collecting. I replaced all of the flooring in the kitchen, the carpet in the rest of the house. I even put a new tub and sink in the bathroom; planted flowers outside the house, weeding and watering daily, along with mowing the lawn. Yeah, I would tell my watcher that day what I wanted and they would find it for me, and bring it to me, and I always started renovations immediately. From all the building and moving I would say I had gotten pretty fit over time, but no one other than myself had seen my body, since...

Well I felt the urge, the need to finally go outside of the walls, if I stayed in here any longer, I would soon start construction on my house making it into a two story. It was after dinner, Scout playing in his room waiting for his bath, while Daryl and I cleaned the kitchen.

"I think I'm ready to go back outside the walls." I finally spoke up.

"Oh, really, well we can head out first thing-" Daryl said surprised.

"No, no, I wanna go with someone else." I said quietly. "It's nothing to do with you, I just need a change in atmosphere." He was silent. "I wanna ask Michonne, Carol, and Maggie." I said.

"That's just three days right there, how long are you going to be gone?" He asked a little frustrated.

"No longer than a week." I said simply. "It's just a refresher, I need to press the reset button and I feel like this the best way." I explained.

"I get it, you don't have to explain yourself." Daryl turned his back to me.

"Why're you mad about me going out?" I retorted.

"Whatever, just go." Daryl said bitterly.

"Fine I will. Not sure I'll come back though." I went to march off, but Daryl grabbed me roughly.

"Like hell ya ain't!" He said in my face. "You ain't leavin' me, and you ain't takin' that boy with ya."

"Ha, I'll do what I please." I shoved him away. "If I wanna take Scout away from you I will, and if I wanna leave, I will." I said venomously. "Going out might do you some good too." I left to the bedroom to pack my things.

I was getting really tired of these fights, they all seemed petty if I was being honest. Maybe a few nights away from each other would do us some good. I decided instead of going out with Maggie, Michonne, and Carol, I'd just go stay in the Kingdom a while with Scout.