Chapter One~DeVonne

All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2012

 1

“If it's coming over you..

Like it's coming over me..

I'm crashing like a tidal wave..

That drags me out to sea..

I wanna be with you..

If you wanna be with me..

Crashing like a tidal wave..

I don't want to be..

Stranded..

Stranded..

Stranded..”

Yvonne Devonne, known to her fans as De Vonne, was  serenading her avid fans once again in a gig in New York with her cover song Stranded by one of her favorite singers Jennifer Paige. Looking around the crowd while singing but she had that look on her face of uncertainty, moreover, she continued to go on to her new show despite of her Manager’s warning prior to the performance.

It was her passion, to sing and show off her talent and be an inspiration to everyone, she knew out there, that there were aspiring and struggling singers like her before her fame, she knew full well how to be a fan, like you would do anything just to see the person you idolized.

Being a fan herself years ago, she could still remember attending Mandy Moore’s concert when she was a teenager then, probably just 13 or 14. She wore that face in the past of dreaming big and aiming high. And now she couldn’t afford to lose and waste all her sacrifices. Blood, sweat and saliva and her remarkable beauty were her foundations to be where she was at the moment. Yet, she didn’t know right that moment if the sympathies and attentions of those who once devoted their lives to her were still on her side.

She couldn’t feel or see their love and devotion on their faces, maybe she was only overreacting as a result of her manager’s words or else worst, she was hallucinating indeed. She gave a hesitant smile to her audience when her last song ended and bade them goodbye. She couldn’t call them at the moment as her fans. She didn’t feel it. She felt so down, couldn’t afford it, or even take it.

She shook her head in dismay, and slumped down her body on the couch in a room reserved for them near the studio. With her face buried o n her moisten palm just the moment her Manager, Mr. Brown arrived, he was a proud gay, a perfectionist and very strict.

 She looked at him just to see him shaking his head with the look on his face “that’s what I thought”. He was not very helpful to her at the moment, she knew it, and he would only probe her. Thus she stood up to leave only to hear him say, “Please don’t do anything you might regret in the end.” He warned her, she thought, that’s what he always did.

 Rubbish.

 What did he think she’s going to do? Take her own life? There’s no way, she thought matter-of-factly. She would never reach that point in desperation. Shaking  her head and released a harsh sigh in the air,  she took her leave and managed to get out of the place straight to her rental car.

 She didn’t do anything that she might regret in the end, as what her Manager thought, she guessed he never knew her that well, she added,  nobody knew her better to be exact. Hurrying past the hotel staff on the way to her suite, she waved and smiled at them when they greeted her. She wanted to be alone and to be free from spotlight, yet couldn’t afford just to ignore those who wanted her best smile, they were the main reason why she became famous, and she owed that to them.