Chapter Seven~Unwind

CHAPTER SEVEN

            Waking up but eyes still closed when she smelled something deliciously on her nostrils. Followed by a smile painted on her lips, yet didn’t know why. She flicked her eyes open only to notice from the corner of her eyes a pink rose on the top desk beside the bed. She took and sniffed it while closed her eyes once again but opened them quickly when a question formed on her mind.

            The door was locked and oh the windows were open, curtains were dancing in the freshCalifornia air, she could see the birds in group flying in one direction. Wondering if birds carry roses, probably, but oh, it was romantic but whoever sent it to her? She wanted to know it.

            It seemed she temporarily forgot what happened the other day and guessed it was the last straw of her career. Maybe she would take a break and guessed, there’s no need for the management of Mr. Perfectionist not so helpful gay. That would be best, yet she would go back in time.

We’ll see, she thought.

She took her holidays in Bahamas Island particularly in Cable Beach Resort for the weekend and got besotted to stay there for a while and didn’t give a hoot to open her phone. Avoiding any communication from the world she used to know if possible, but she would open her laptop sometimes once a week.

She was being looked for, “Where is De Vonne now?” The headline at the very top of the search list she had read. But the one who caught her attention was a picture of a letter that said “Where are you my dearest?” and a pink rose too.

It was handwritten in a white coupon bond, the writer had a well-defined writing yet it looked so ancient, she thought. The letter was left in the doorway of her mansion in LA, maybe her staff got the letter and took some photo, but the one which also caught her off guard was the endearment “dearest.”

Oh. It must have been true what happened to her that night inDetroit.

Scanning the screen of her laptop to read the comments below that controversial photo, it was already a hot topic in the internet and yet she never thought about it that it had been circulating in the cyber world for one and a half week.

Other comment said, “Sweet.”

“Who is he? Is he her strange boyfriend? Surely there were no longer a lot of men like him nowadays, oh he’s so sweet”, the long comment from a searcher named Jessica.

“Maybe he’s a fan.” A comment said from Amy with a picture of a cartoon character as her profile picture.

“Oh if De Vonne doesn’t like him, then maybe I could have him lol xxx” A girl named Denise stated at the very end of the page. There were still dozen comments about the photo, and she didn’t read them all anymore, her back was already aching.

Even De Vonne was also pricked with curiosity and excitement. Excitement? She asked herself, where did she get that anyway? At this point of time, she could still think of excitement despite of what happened to her, well she thought, her career was the only one she knew as exciting and no other than that. When she looked around and found herself moved with emotion, wanting to cry of seeing the environment around her, it was the most priceless excitement she had ever experienced.

She was genuinely enjoying her stay in Bahamas away from the city, noise and obsessed paparazzis. Well, she didn’t care if there’s any that moment. It seemed she already got over with the reality about her life as an artist. And it dawned on her, that she indeed needed some off and time for herself too, to think over some matters.

It was her problem sometimes, forgetting about herself, always minding about other person and in the end none of them even cared for her, a genuine care given not because she was a celebrity, she wanted to be treated like any ordinary women who had a heart too, wanting to be loved and liked for who she really was.

Having two boyfriends before and both didn’t work out well, and figuring out that she was not really loved and wanted by those two men, they were like a leech, a user and a parasite, she thought bitterly but she wasn’t a man hater.

It was already raining, she guessed feeling some dampness on her face, looked up at the blue sky, and nope, it wasn’t. It was only her eyes by the way, she wiped the tears off her cheek forcefully, thinking that it wasn’t the time for crying when she must enjoy the scenic beauty of one of the creations of Great Almighty, in the end, He was the one she could depend on to.

The people in the island were very amicable, some were foreigners like her, some recognized her but surprisingly didn’t gape at her or even gave any insulting stare and didn’t hurl her any obscenities.

Walking in the beach barefooted and her creamy features void with any make-up were protected by a summer hat. The water beneath hugging her feet felt as relaxing as the fresh breeze cooled her face while smiling whenever she met some people on her way that showed some kindness ever since she stepped in the island.

She decided to go back to her cottage after the everyday routine, walking briskly in the morning and find herself feeling some eagerness to return at her lodge. She smiled and stifled a giggle upon noticing a pink rose again on the doorstep, it surprised her everyday and thought a day without it won’t be complete.

Feeling teenager all over again, perhaps it was the fifteenth rose, she wasn’t sure, she had received so far. Though admittedly red rose was her favorite but already learned to love pink rose, it looked so feminine and gentle, wondering again who was leaving it while wanting to meet the person.

Having tried so many times whenever she noticed a rose on the door, and looked around just in case, she would spot him hiding somewhere but nope, she always failed.

No chocolates, large bouquet of flowers and bulgary jewelries but only a single bow of rose for a day and it seemed made her heart beat faster than normal, it was a dangerous feeling yet a delicious one.

Thank you. She said through her mind to someone she wasn’t certain. It made her smile everyday, forgetting her dilemmas.

--------Authors' Note------

So, what do you think? Do leave comments please..we need your feedbacks..and thank you for reading again..and do continue reading till out next upload.