Chapter Six~Emotions

CHAPTER SIX

                   The sky was dark as the strong wind was blowing and De Vonne was standing in front of her life size window while watching the front yard of her mansion, dressed up in a red satin gown with her hair curled up, and looked stunning with a light make-up and red lipstick, the curtains were dancing with the air. Staring outside but her mind was somewhere far, while she took a deep breath and sighed.

            The weather was not good, rain started to fall on the ground, she heard a sound of screeching tire from her front gate, a man stepped out of the car and another two men followed and opened an umbrella for, it was Mr. Brown and his bodyguards.

            He was looking for De Vonne, upon realizing it, she hurriedly walked downstairs and faced her manager.

            “Are you ready?” Mr. Brown inquired her.

            “I am.” De Vonne replied with a smile but never reached her eyes.

            “Okay, let’s go then! We’re going to be late.” Mr. Brown said and they rode in a black limousine together while the car was in motion, they talked.

            “I’m telling you De Vonne, you should not be a mess, no, not in this project.” Mr. Brown said firmly.

            “But Mr. Brown I am doing everything I can, in fact, what I do is more than my best.” She said pleadingly.

            “I don’t care! In case you don’t know this movie can be your last project and if this would flunk, you and your career are over.” Mr. Brown warned her rudely, his voice was so void of any concern.

            “What? But that’s impossible!” She couldn’t believe what she just had heard.

            “It is possible De Vonne!” He madly threw the words right before her face.

            “How could that be? The last time I just received offers from different companies!” She answered while her voice trembled.

            “They talked to me, and they just backed out.” He said brutally.

            Covering the face with her hands, she hissed, “But they just can’t do that!” Her voice quivered.

            Why, why me? She asked herself, tears were starting to flow down to her face, no matter how she hid it, they kept on falling. Mr. Brown didn’t say nor did anything, he just sat motionless while watched De Vonne cried her heart out.

            “We’re here Sir.” The driver informed him.

            “De Vonne, De Vonne!” He was already shouting to her but she didn’t stop crying. Mr. Brown grabbed a tissue paper somewhere and pulled De Vonne.

            “You better stop crying or else the press would see it and put it on the news.” He held the tissue paper to De Vonne’s arms.

            “Dry those eyes now!” He barked inside the car.

            De Vonne forced herself to stop those tears from coming, while using the tissue to wipe the tears off and got out of the car.

            Her manager immediately followed and smiled to the press, took some photos with his talent and other casts of the movie.

            Some of the reporters noticed De Vonne’s red eyes and she carefully avoided looking at them directly and left them nothing, not any word.