Chapter Five~Whispers

CHAPTER FIVE 

 As Aries arrived in Detroit, he immediately got a rental car and  drove fast as he could but unluckily the traffic caused him a delay.

“Come on, come on!” He tapped the steering wheels.

It’s already 8:47 pm and De Vonne’s concert will start at exactly 9:00 pm. Knowing he would be late but there’s nothing he could do, he couldn’t just leave the car in a long line of traffic or let it fly, the latter would cause much attention.

While waiting impatiently for the traffic to ease, he spotted two vulgar women in their Benz smiling seductively and directly at him, and giving him a flying kiss. He frowned and shook his head, ignoring the two women.

The movement of the traffic was so slow, Aries looked at his watch, and it was already 9:20 pm, he sighed and swung his head, few minutes after the long traffic ended, and finally was free of it. He drove faster than the others on the block but before leaving he saw those two women again and winked at him.

The car was heading to Pontiac Silverdome Arena, he was expecting a huge number of De Vonne’s supporters but as the moment he entered, the loud screams and noise of mob welcomed him but what surprises him the most was the loud boo from the hissing mad fans who are throwing water and other drinks on stage.

“Boo..boo..” A group of teenagers who all wore in black yelled that caught the attention of everyone especially De Vonne.

She stopped singing while the security team whisked those teenagers away from the location.

De Vonne she was performing well that night, and determined to take back what had been taken from her. She wouldn’t let herself just be defeated by her friend.It was the most painful, the fact that a person you thought as a friend was giving you a hard time at that moment.

She jerked and stopped, feeling a liquid landed on her, she thought it was accidentally thrown , but noticed, another one then another one. It wasn’t by chance anymore. She thought they were only doing that in enjoyment but it looked like it was done for degradation.

The teenagers in the front yelled at her, “Stupid.”

Aries was watching how people acted insanely, unfortunately saw only the half-face of De Vonne while the body guards were busily protecting and escorting her to the backstage.

He wondered if they were ever her fans, why they were acting inappropriately?

He heard her thought, What have I done?

She continued standing still while the environment and the people whirled in her vision.

Through his supernatural power, Aries called her name “Yvonne”, it was only once but his voice echoed through her mind, saw her tried to look around but no one was obviously talking to her, just shouting and she got nothing to do but face the floor.

Huh.

And she felt hands on her shoulders, it was Mr.Brown, he ushered her backstage. She was like a robot.

She looked as if she had just lost her mind and felt a towel on her face but  let it, anyway. She didn’t care a lot that moment,  hearing voices but not listening to what they were saying.

She stood up and now clearly heard the staff said, “Devonne.”

She’s uncertain but it seemed they sounded concern. She walked and never looked back.

Tell me, is this the price I’m going to pay for following my ideals in life? Do I deserve all of them, all of these?

De Vonne combed her black hair with her hand in a harsh way and drank again. She was not tasting anymore the liquid, just continued gulping and gulping and gulping.

No, you don’t deserve those people who are trying to put you down, you deserve someone and something better.

She almost choked upon hearing that warm soothing voice again, she was not yet drunk, she thought, and clearly heard it.

She knew it wasn’t the product of the alcohol she had been feasting the moment she arrived on that suite in Detroit, since walking out three hours ago.

She looked around , of course there’s no one, she was the only one occupying it. She looked at the window and  felt a wind passed by her face, it must have been the wind coming from that opened window, she thought.

She walked towards the window giddily to close it. When  returningto the place she had just left, she was horrified to notice that the wineglass was missing.

Stop, don’t drink anymore, they wouldn’t do any good. 

She shook her head violently.

Think I’m crazy.Devonne talked to herself.

No, you’re not, you need sleep my dearest. Aries answered her.

I need more drink. Devonne never thought she’s already communicating through her mind.

No, all you have to do now is to rest. That voice on her head replied again and Devonne heard it right.It was such a comforting voice but her eyes widened, disbelieving it, did she just talk to someone?

No, no, I’m drunk. She thought, trying to deny it. Who are you? She asked on her mind, waiting for a response, if it was indeed true that someone spoke through her mind.

But there was no answer. Sighing, she thought, it was only her hallucination, that’s it.

-------Authors' Note---

Comment please, tell us what you think and thank you for reading!xxD

And don't forget to vote too..xx