Chapter Nine~Almost..

Devonne was having a good time indeed with a new found friend she met halfway that day, Savannah, was her name, Devonne smiled upon recognizing the name, what a unique name indeed.

Savannahknew that she was a celebrity and surprisingly didn’t ask for her autograph or any weird requests. That’s what she already liked about her.

But she noticed that she looked so pale but a beauty too, she looked like Snowwhite she guessed. And she was a sweet little woman too at her age of seventeen.

“So who’s with you here in the island?” Devonne asked Savannah studying her closely.

“Oh my brother.”

“Ah I see, where is he?” She was curious all of a sudden which she didn’t know why.

“In the cottage I guess, or somewhere.”

They continued chatting like they knew each other for a long time. The place was a fine one and open too that one could really hear the waves of the ocean and the night breeze smell of it. But she noticed a young man earlier but suddenly gone. He was looking intently at them or at her. He looked so different and mysterious. She noticed that he had nice perfect features and undeniably looked so handsome.

“Come on. Let’s dance.”Savannahinvited her to stand up and surely she won’t let this sweet young woman down thus she stood up while smiling. Why not? She suddenly felt so ecstatic too of thinking of dancing there, different experience. She never done it before, the feeling was very unusual yet special and priceless at the same time.

Wishing she could stay there forever, but knew she couldn’t, it wasn’t her life. She was only having a temporary freedom. There was still a world waiting for her outside and she was sure of it.

Savannah had already left her but she stayed in the seashore reveling the cold wind. She hugged herself while facing the vast ocean. Her long brown hair was being blown by the air. A voice called her and she spun around.

“Miller, what a surprise!” Yeah, she was surprise indeed. Of all people she didn’t want to see a person from her world especially him. He had been wooing her after meeting him again during that movie proposal but she didn’t like him. She tried so many times turning down his invitation for a date with him.

“I never thought, I would meet you here.” Miller commented enthusiastically.

Are you sure? She wanted to ask.

“Well, so doI.Look I gotta go now. It’s getting late and cold now.” She was obviously dismissing him and he must be that insensitive not to feel it and that would probably irk her more. But why should she let him ruin her day anyway?

“I’m going to walk you to your suite then.”

Fine. And she nodded her head in agreement.

As usual while walking he bragged about his success again. Didn’t he know it was a big slap to her face? What a very insensitive brute he must be sometimes. As part of her career, everybody assumed they were a couple then when they worked together before but truth was they never been but of course Miller enjoyed it.

“Are you free tomorrow night?”

There he was making his way again. She wondered why he was doing it anyway when she was no longer that famous.

“I’m gonna think of it. Anyways, thank you.”

“No worries.” He flashed his melting smile to show his cute dimple. Yet, De Vonne thought she was already used to it and it won’t flatter her anymore. Miller got a wrong tactic and a wrong person he could dally with.