Chapter Twelve~The Arrival

De Vonne’s phone kept on ringing, she had just finished bathing, she walked towards her mobile phone which was at the top of her bed with a pink robe covering her body securely and recognizing on the screen that she had missed twenty calls while taking her shower.

She answered the call anyway and heard a cool voice on the other line, “Hello.”

“Who’s this please?” De Vonne asked while frowning.

“It’s me.” A voice of a young man answered.

“But who are you?” It seemed the voice was familiar to her but she wasn’t certain who.

“Sorry, it’s Drew, your beloved cousin.”

“Oh jeez! Seriously, it’s you Drew?”

De Vonne clutched the phone tighter to her ear with widened eyes. She heard a grunt and a sigh on the other line.

“Okay, it’s really you Drew. I know that grunting of yours.” She smiled upon realization hit her.

“So how are you?” I’ve never heard of you for ages?” She added while sitting down on the mattress.

“I’m better that what you think.” Drew replied, still with an air of coolness on him.

“Ah nice to hear that.”

“So how’s the beautiful goddess doin’?” De Vonne bit her lower lip to suppress from chuckling over Drew’s naughtiness.

“Doing great.”

“Cool, so where are you now? The world seems looking for De Vonne.” Drew inquired a little seriously.

“I’m on vacation.” She replied while playing the mattress under her fingers.

“Yeah, I know that, but where?” Drew teasingly asked her.

“Fine, I will only tell you if you promise to keep it.” De Vonne spoke pleadingly and stood up and walked towards the window.

“Sure, you can count on me.” Drew replied to her earnestly.

“I’m in Bahamas now.” Answering while looking out.

“Where in Bahamas?” Drew asked again but it seemed she didn’t hear it, her focus suddenly darted to the man on the other building standing with his back.

“Hmm still there?”

“Oh I’m so sorry, can I call you later?”

“Okay, sure.” Drew answered hesitantly.

De Vonne ended the call and leaned forward to take a better and closer look of the man though she could only have his back view. A moment later, a girl approached the man and it took De Vonne by surprise that it was Savannah.

“Savannah?” She asked herself and left her mouth open. Thinking or to be exact assuming that maybe he was Savannah’s brother. She wanted to see him, though she didn’t know why she always had that feeling and as usual circumstances wouldn’t let her for the man didn’t even turn around and thus Savannah closed the curtains.

Savannah sensed that somebody was watching them from the open window then she visualized its De Vonne.

“She’s watching us.” Savannah informed her brother.

“Where is she?” Aries asked though and about to turn around when Savannah warned him.

“Don’t, otherwise your pretensions and escapades would end in a snap of a finger.”

Aries snorted and seemed he didn’t have a choice but there was also a part of him wanted to expose and introduce himself to De Vonne but he was afraid that she might reject or worse loath him for he was different.