Chapter Two~The Curious Entity

People looked at him in the streets whenever he walked by and even at their company or his company, they gaped at him especially women, but  didn’t take notice of them all.  He walked through his car and women giggled but still  oblivious how his very presence affected them. Others had this look of fear and respect on their faces which was never new to him.He was a very busy man, and  seemed lost interest in women, in truth, he never was interested in the word women, only woman.

He was being called as Matthews but Aries to his intimate friends and family. Aries Matthews was a very rich and take note a very serious man, almost had everything, the looks, the height, high intelligence and all that a woman would look for in a man but  also kept a secret that he and his family hid for a very long time.

 He was a 132 years old vampire but for ordinary human being,  only aged 24 based on his looks, which in fact, a captivating look. A lot of women were chasing him but  never really liked any of them, he only loved one woman in his life named, Alexandra who died decades ago, she was Aries’ first girlfriend and he loved her so much that he still couldn’t afford to love again after she passed away.

Aries was driving his black Ferrari sports car then, when he saw a woman in an advertisement billboard who looked exactly the same as his late Alex, the nickname he gave for  his love,  couldn’t believe what he had seen, he thought at first it was Alexandra but as he looked again he saw the lovely woman’s name flashed and she was “ De Vonne”.

He tried to take one more look but the other drivers were blowing their horns. He sped up eagerly  to go home early on Thursday afternoon, opened his computer and immediately browsed on the internet and typed “De Vonne”, at the moment he never really knew who De Vonne was until the searching started.

Aries found out things about her real name, age and nationality. He could see that the information he had searched about her was different from Alexandra’s life. Well of course, he must have been stupid to think that way, Alex wouldn't be coming back on his door one day declaring her come back hereafter.

 He was not really a fan of singers and actresses but he became interested to De Vonne, her looks reminded him indeed of Alex, for the first time he listened to a song from that beautiful and charismatic singer.Playing a song on a social site he never thought was existing which was famously known as  Youtube,when his half-sister Savannah heard him outside his door  and came butted in without asking  permission and without warning that could have even cautioned him from his sister prying nature.

 “I never thought my brother is listening to songs, so tell me, when did you start listening?”Savannah asked him teasingly with a playful glint on her hazel eyes.

  “And can you tell me why you didn’t care to knock before you enter?” Aries replied irritatingly, trying to cover the view of his computer with his back from his sister's eyes.

  “Ah, actually the door was open so I didn’t need to knock anymore big bro or should I call you old bro?”Savannah continued to tease him with a chuckle. Aries shook his head, but he listened again afterwards.

 “Nice song, who’s the singer?”Savannah inquired while hovering around his computer.

 “Just a girl.” He replied nonchalantly,  didn’t mention her name, without thinking, his mistake, he stood up from his seat.

 “Who’s that girl, anyway?”Savannah asked again watching her brother.

 Aries didn’t say her name once again, but Savannah was persistent and really wanted to know who the singer was so she grabbed the seat and took hold of the mouse despite of her brother's imposing figure and looked for the music video playing but before she could manage to see it herself, her brother came back again right at her side in a swift movement and grabbed his little sister out of the room and closed the door so Savannah couldn’t gain entrance again.

He never really wanted Savannah to know about De Vonne, he wanted to keep it as a secret, he was obviously attracted but wasn’t sure about it maybe because he saw Alexandra not De Vonne on that face.

Early in the morning, he continued browsing the internet, occupied by the feeling and wanting to know personal things about De Vonne, so he clicked all the results including all good things and bad things written about her. But first he made sure, the door was still locked, he didn’t want his little sister came buzzing in, irking him once again when he was doing something very important, well it’s essential for him to know about De Vonne, he insisted on his mind.

 He started reading about her early life until she was discovered and even saw her childhood photos and etc, and even found her so cute. He thought, what he was doing, while another part of his mind answered, he was only curious. No more, no less. He opened another site, some stuff were good, some were not that inspiring to read. He even read the article about De Vonne’s past relationships which stained De Vonne’s image in public.

 Writers and publishers wrote linking her to a huge list of man and the relationships’ failure she had undergone and almost all the articles he had read told the tons it was her fault, that she had a companionship and personality problems. Another site led Aries to see rumors and issues about De Vonne, and found them disgusting and reading these articles was no good to anyone, he didn’t believe things written by other people without any proof and unless the person involved confirmed it.

 He stopped reading turned off the computer in that early morning, and looked at his Rolex wristwatch as it said, 5:30 in the very early of morning for him.  Rubbing his flawless jaw with his left hand, and at the same time realized that he had a meeting waiting  at his office.

 While waiting for the meeting to take place, he wasn’t really in his usual self, his mind was on topsy-turvy thinking of that woman with an enigmatic voice, with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his 132 years of existence including the years when he was a human then.

Beautiful smile than Alexandra’s? He thought wonderingly.

His mind was wandering where could he possibly see her in person, who to inquire about De Vonne, how to see her, he was indeed as he thought of himself as desperate, just to see her beautiful face again, now personally, though he admitted that it was such an easy job how to see her but it would turn out ridiculously to go looking for De Vonne especially to his family.

He was becoming oblivious of the people or vampires like him surrounding  at their meeting, he never thought that his opinion was already in need. Jerking upon realizing he was indeed in the middle of a discussion, all the eyes, all in different shades, hazel, blue, black, gray, green and brown alike were on him.

 “What did you say?” He asked now returned to being a stern looking man, and brows were meeting together, his which was in fact, he deliberately done just in case would cover up for mortifying embarrassment. Unfortunately and to his own consternation, one of his cousins named Adam, who was also a vampire, well all of them were vampire anyway, gave him a look of “what’s the matter bro?” while smiling mischievously.

 He gave him a menacing look in turn, “don’t mess with me?” Knowing Adam was so good in teasing and he was certain he wouldn’t stop laughing the moment he found out that his arrogant cousin was so fond of an artist, a modern one, indeed.

Three days later, while reading a newspaper on page 13, he saw an announcement or news that De Vonne was going to have a concert  tonight in the largest city of Michigan, in a fluidly but swiftly manner he dressed up and drove his car, with only one direction on his eager mind.

------Authors' Note-----

Please don't forget to leave your comments and click that vote button, that, if you really love the chapter.Thank you! xx

 P.S. But do we need to continue??