01 | lost in the city

            As I pulled my suitcase behind me with my left hand and my phone in my right hand, I was trying to find my way to the hotel I would be staying at. Me, being the adventurous person I am, decided to tell the taxi to drop me off at a random stop and to walk to the hotel myself, with the help of google maps. I seemed to be going in circles and I didn't know where the hell I was. As I grew frustrated and wanted to give up, I decided to ask someone for help.

            I looked around and saw a brown-haired girl who looked to be around my age. I walked up to her and hesitated to ask her for help. I tapped her shoulder lightly and she turned around with a bright smile on her face.

            "Hi! I'm really sorry to bother you but I'm lost. I'm new here in LA and I was wondering if you knew where the Wellington Hotel Resort is?" I asked her the girl who looked about my age.

            "It's okay and that's actually where I'm staying at as well! I'll walk you there, I'm headed there anyways to meet my friends." She responded.

            "Thank you so much! My name is Malia by the way." I stuck out my hand out to her and she shook it.

            "My name is Christina." She smiled.

            As we made our way to the hotel, Christina and I started talking and getting to know each other.

            "So what are you doing here in LA, Malia?" Christina asked.

            "I'm actually here to live with my sister, but she's not gonna be here until next week. I wanted to explore LA and get to know it better before I would have to move to her house." I said and Christina nodded. "How about you? Why are you here in LA?"

            "I'm visiting for a week to spend time with my boyfriend who lives here with his friends, well they're in a band." She explained. "I'm actually a youtuber."

            "Really? That's actually so cool. I wanna be a successful singer and LA is full of opportunities so this move, I think, was a good decision. " I smiled.

            We talked about several subjects, then we finally stopped in front of the hotel. I thanked Christina and we exchanged numbers.

            "I'm gonna be waiting here for my friends to come pick me up. Maybe you can come too? We're going to the mall." Christina said.

            "Sure, I'll come. But, make sure to ask your friends first, I don't want to intrude. I'm gonna go check in and you just text me and I'll come down!" I responded and Christina nodded.