08 | ashton

            I barely opened my eyes as the bright light, coming from my window, was blinding me. It took me a while, but once I finally adjusted to the light I stayed in my bed, not moving from my original position. I stared blankly at my ceiling, not really doing anything. I was just thinking, I seemed to be always thinking this past week. There was only one thing on my mind - Daniel Seavey.

            Daniel Seavey, my best friend who I can tell anything to. Daniel Seavey, someone who can brighten my day by just giving me a smile. He's someone who'll make me laugh when I feel down. He's the one that does everything he can if he sees that I'm not in the mood and feels sad. He comforts me, he's literally the best friend everyone needs and wants. But that's the thing, he's just my best friend.

            Daniel is happy with Angi. She makes him smile and they truly are in love. It breaks me because of the fact that I care so much for this kid but I know that he'll never feel the same way. I love everything about him - yes love. I've only known this blue-eyed boy for a week and I'm already in love with him, this is crazy. He makes me smile every time he smiles at me. I love how he's so passionate about making and doing what he loves. I love how he is just radiating with happiness and how his smile is so contagious.

            Yes, I said that I would get over Daniel, but I just can't. Ever since what happened yesterday, my feelings for the boy just grew bigger and stronger. When he touched me I felt a spark - something I've never felt before with any guy I've been with, but that's not really saying much considering I've only had one boyfriend the whole entire 18 years I've lived. But I never felt that energy with my ex-boyfriend. Could this mean something? I didn't want to overthink it because I knew I was just going to be heartbroken in the end. Daniel will never see me more than just a best friend or a sister and I just need to accept that.

            I lazily got out of bed and walked out of my room. I was home alone, again. Camila was out at the studio again and I had no plans whatsoever for today. I opened the cabinets in search for food and with my luck I found none. Not even a cereal box was in sight. I sighed and walked up back to my room, and decided to get ready. I hopped into the shower and it took me about a minute to get the right temperature. After showering, I put on some black jeans and a white halter top. I blowdried my hair and brushed my long brown locks. I naturally had straight hair so I didn't bother to do anything with it, considering it looked decent.

            I grabbed my phone, my purse and went downstairs. I proceeded to put on my black vans and took the key of Camila's car that she generously allowed me to use whenever I needed to.

***