10 | the boys' accomplisment

            Malia read the message Ashton sent, 'yes, definitely. so....?'. She didn't know how to respond. She wasn't attracted to Ashton that way, but she didn't want to seem rude. Plus, maybe if they got to know each other, Ashton would realise they could be just friends, nothing more. Right?

            Maybe just one hangout, Malia thought to herself. She then proceeded to type, sending the response of 'sure'. As soon as she sent the text, her phone lit up with a picture of Daniel, being his goofy self. He was calling her, but what for?

            "Hello?" She said, her voice muffled.

            "You will not believe what has just happened!" Daniel squealed through the phone, causing Malia's face to scrunch up as his high pitched voice made an awful sound in her ears.

            "Okay," She said slowly. "Sometimes, I think you might just be a girl because of how high you can scream." She chuckled.

            "You need to get over here, now." He demanded over the phone.

            "Sure, Daniel. I'll be right over. Just for you."

            Malia walked into the Why Don't We household, not knowing what to expect. She didn't know why Daniel had called over. What if it was something serious?

            She went straight into the kitchen, expecting the boys to be there, and she was correct. Malia sat in the seat next to Daniel and rested her chin on the palm of her hand.

            "So, what's going on?" She asked, eyeing the boys around her that had excitement all over their face.

            "We.." Zach started.

            "Why..." Jack continued.

            "Don't..." Jonah said.

            "We..." Corbyn then said. Malia raised her eyebrows, waiting for what they were about to say.

            "Are..." Daniel finished. They then looked at each other and then faced Malia.

            "Making a song with Ed Sheeran!" They all screamed.

            Malia perked up, a wide smile formed on her lips. Her eyes were wide and she was beaming in excitement for her friends. She hugged all of them one by one, proud of accomplishing something they always had dreamed about. Once she hugged Daniel,–who she hugged last– she put her arm over his shoulder, tiptoeing to get to his height.

            "I am so proud of you guys!" She exclaimed, her smile still on her face. "I can't believe you guys are making a song with Ed."

            "And we're gonna meet the legend himself." Zach added, a grin on his face.

            "Oh my gosh," Jack slowly said, putting his hands over his mouth. "What if Ed Sheeran introduces us to Taylor Swift, and then she introduces us to Selena Gomez!?"

            Jack smiled widely, his hopes and dreams of meeting his celebrity crush so high that he would do anything to be able to meet the Selena Gomez. Everyone looked at the curly headed boy, shaking their heads and chuckling to themselves. Jonah patted him on the shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile.

            "Sure, Jack. That might just happen."

            "Well," Jack shrugged. "You never know."

            As the group laughed and continued to tease each other about their celebrity crushes, the ringtone of Malia filled the room. The boys all stopped talking, their eyes looking towards her direction. As they raised her eyebrows at her, she took out her phone, looking at the screen. The caller id, Ashton, came up and she excused herself from the group.

            Malia proceeded to go into the backyard, closing the sliding door behind her. She answered the call and put it up to her ear, awaiting for the voice on the other line.

            "Hey Malia." The voice finally spoke.

            "Hello Ashton." She responded, as she walked around the pool. "Why is it that you're calling?"

            "Well... you said yes to the date." He plainly stated.

            "Yes, yes I did."

            "Then that means, I'm picking you up at 7. Get ready then. Dress fancy!" Ashton exclaimed through the phone.

            "Wait-" Malia said quickly. "Today?"

            "Yes."

            She looked to her phone, checking the time, 6:30pm.

            "Um, okay then. I guess I'll text you the address of my house." She then responded.

            "Great! See you later." He said, before ending the call.

            Malia stood there, not knowing what to do about this date she had. She was nervous. It's only going to be like a friendly hangout, right? She thought to herself. She had her phone in her left hand and started biting her nails, something she did subconsciously. As she stood there, a ping of realisation then hits her– she was going to be late.

            She dashed out the backyard, quickly grabbing her keys from the table. The boys noticed the girl's sudden movements and started questioning her.

            "Woah, woah, woah." Zach screamed. "What is happening right now? Why are you in such a rush?"

            "I have to go somewhere." Malia quickly replied, walking to the door.

            "Where is this 'somewhere'?" Jack questioned.

            "I have to go! I have a date to get ready for!" She screamed, closing the door quickly and running to her car.

            She then sped off, heading to the house. The boys all were silent, looking at each other.

            "Did she say date?" Corbyn asked, hoping that he did not just say that Malia was going on a date. With another guy.

            "I think she just did." Daniel answered. He lowered his head, his face scrunched up. What the hell did I just feel just then? He thought.

            As Malia screamed over her shoulder, saying she had a date to attend. Daniel felt something. It was, a pang of jealousy. He didn't know why he felt that way and why he even felt it in the first place. He didn't care that Malia was seeing other people. They were best friends, nothing more. Maybe it was just something else... right?