12 | meeting with the legend

            "Well that was awkward." The voice of Camila said.

Malia looked up, her sister looking at her. She sighed and nodded.

            "I know," She replied, letting her body fall on the comfortable couch, "That just topped off the most awkward night I've ever experienced."

            "Was it really that bad?" Camila asked.

            Malia blew a strand of hair that fell in front of her face. "Yes," She mumbled, "He was being kinda rude. His eyes was glued to his phone the whole time. Then, he tells me it was a family emergency."

            "I definitely don't like this guy already," Camila replied, "And, I don't think he's worthy of your time, Malia."

            "He was sweet over text. Maybe something just happened and that's why he was acting that way." She shrugged, defending the boy she had hoped would share a good friendship with.

            "It's your choice, but I have a bad feeling about him."

            It was the next morning. Malia had gotten up and forgotten all about the awkward night she had. That was until she walked into the kitchen and found a note on the counter.

Had to run some errands. Gonna be gone all day. Tomorrow we're having a girl's day. Love you and don't think too much about last night.

Love, Camila

            As Camila took spoonfuls of her cereal, she constantly looked over to her phone. She anxiously waited for it to buzz and a message to light up the screen.

            She didn't know if the kiss she shared, and rejected, ruined the potential friendship she could have with Ashton. Malia didn't want her friendship with the blond to end. Their texts seemed so genuine to her and she liked his flirty and silly personality.

            Her ringtone filled the void of silence. Malia quickly picked up her phone, checking to see who it was. And no, it wasn't the blond haired boy, Ashton, but the blue eyed goof, Daniel.

            She put her phone up to her ear, waiting for whatever Daniel had to say. Malia waited for the calm voice of her best friend, though it was far from calm.

            "Why weren't you answering my calls?" A worried Daniel said, sighing.

            "You were calling me? When?"