Chapter 37

Chapter 37

JACKY'S POV

*One Year Later*

"Boy am I glad to be home." I said as I flopped onto the couch.

"Same." Ronnie said, laying down on the other couch. We had just got done with a long tour. We covered most of the US and Europe in about a year. I was just glad to be finally home. The phone rang and I groaned, sitting up.

"I got it." I said, walking over to the phone and answering it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi, is this Jackson Vincent?"

"Speaking, how may I help you?"

"I'm Audrey Smith, social worker for the greater Los Angeles area. There's no easy way to say this but, I have your daughter."

"What are you talking about? I don't have a daughter." I said and Ronnie shot up, looking at me. I waved him off and walked into the kitchen.

"Well, according to this official paperwork, you do. Your name is on the birth certificate and everything. A miss Jessica Jones was the mother?" Why does that name sound so familiar.

"How old is the kid?"

"Four months."

"That is impossible. I'm gay. I haven't-oh god." I said, stopping dead in my tracks. Jessica Jones, oh my god, the girl from the bar that I slept with. Fuck!

"Um, would there be any way to get a DNA test?"

"Yes sir, meet me at the hospital nearest to you and we'll get it done tomorrow." She said and I agreed, giving her the address of the closest hospital.

"One more question, what happened to her?"

"She committed suicide about a week ago." I sighed. "And what if I don't take custody of her?"

"Well, she goes up for adoption." She said and I sighed again.

"Okay, thank you." I said and hung up. I put the phone down and sat down at the kitchen table, putting my head into my hands.

"Jacky?" Ronnie asked, walking into the kitchen. He sat down next to me and put his hand on my arm. "Jacky, is everything okay?"

"No, no it's not okay."

"What was that phone call about?"

"I-I have a daughter. I-I'm a father."

"What!"

"That girl that I slept with when I got drunk. I guess she got pregnant and killed herself about a week ago. The social worker called, wanting to know if I wanted custody of her. I'm going to the hospital for a DNA test tomorrow."

"I'm coming with you." He said and I nodded.

"You're not mad?"

"Of course not Jacky. I love you "

"I love you too." I smiled.

"W-What would happen if you didn't take custody?"

"She goes up for adoption. I don't want that to happen Ronnie."

"Neither do I. Let's just make sure she's actually yours first. How old is she?"

"Four months, so it seems legit." I said and he nodded.

"Did she give you a name?"

"No, I guess I'll find out tomorrow."

"I guess." He said, leaning over and kissing my lips.

****************************************************************************************

Do you think it's really Jacky's daughter?

Listening to Remember The Name~ Fort Minor ------>

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER